Custom Car Chronicle

Art Deco Styled 1940 Mercury at Rob Ida Concepts.

Home Forums CCC Forum Art Deco Styled 1940 Mercury at Rob Ida Concepts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

In November 2014 we did an “In the Works’ article on the 1940 Mercury three window coupe the team at Rob Ida Concepts is creating. You can check out the CCC-Article HERE.

The team has made some good progress on the project, so it is time for an update on this far from traditional Custom project.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

WOW!!!
    Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Three Window Mercury has been painted….

J.B.
    Participant

Crazy thing!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

I’m trying to work out why this loses me?. Incredible workmanship and build quality. I love the colour, engine looks incredible. I love art deco. . . ?? I think it’s what happenswhen old cars and way too much money collide. Put it the same category as the Delahaye recreation. Incredible, but. . .

Tony
    Participant

Me too. Trying to make a Zephyr out of a Mercury. Way too heavy custom made body trim. Those front skirts…ugh.

The painted rear quarter shot looks really nice. Then they’ll put all that trim crap on and ruin it.

Under the hood? Meh. They’re not doing it for me, so I guess it doesn’t matter. For the target audience and customer, I’m sure they’ll be very excited.

Tomas
    Participant

looking to much space for me

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Restored gauges…

kustomland
    Participant

…………………………

Tony
    Participant

Ya think?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The team is working on the rear window trim, which will be similar as the windshield. (The stock 1940 Mercury does not have rear window trim, just rubber) This rear window is made from custom curved glass that they wanted to look stock.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

That looks great from this angle. The flush fit skirts might be where I go to eventually. My earlier criticism possibly read harsher than I really meant. Perhaps we should reserve judgement till it comes together further. Certainly unique and pushing new boundaries is always more dangerous , challenging and controversial than sitting in cosy warm corners just copying and emulating what was done previously. I’m sure it will be a little more Buck Rogers than we are used to. . . But so was the Phantom Corsair.
    Looking forward to seeing more.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Tony
    Participant

What is the engine? The whole thing looks kinda hokey and fake to me.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

According to Rob’s site its a 600 HP 4 cam Ford mod motor with handmade Ardun and ScOT parts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.