Custom Car Chronicle

APPLETON S-112 Reproductions

Home Forums CCC Forum APPLETON S-112 Reproductions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

‎Brandon Mcgill has been working on reproducing Appleton S-112 Spotlights for quite a while. He just announced on Facebook that he is very close to production, and that they will be available very soon. As far as I understand this will be a Dummy Spotlight very similar to the Kustom Kraft and Bill Layman Spotlights that are no longer being produced.

Not sure if there will be a version with handles at a later date or not… but in any event this is really fantastic news.

Here is Brandon’s original Facebook message (Thanks to Kenneth for the link)

Here they are. After long time waiting to get these right. We nailed it. 112 inspired. I just approved production and hope to have these available to you guys shortly. Pics aren’t great.

I will be updating this post when more info will be available.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Awesome! Be interested to see what they are going for. If nothing else one could probably adapt the bucket to some handles off some cheaper spots to at least get a look that is closer to period correct.

Martin
    Participant

Nice! Don’t know if I want to run searchlights on the shoebox but if the price is right for these I will probably buy me a pair at least.

You'll never be late
    If it's a "V8"
    Dean Miller
    Participant

Anymore word on these?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I wish I had Dean… I have not heard any news after the message I posted.
    I sure hope he is still on track, but just delayed a little.

KingKustoms
    Participant

These look great. I know the Kustom Kraft dummy Appletons are bringing a good amount of money. Now the originals are out of control- the days of grabbing a nice one on ebay for $170 are long gone :/

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

King Of Dice is now offering the Kustom Kraft Spotlights on eBay.

They are advertised for $329.- and the ebay ad says there are more than 10 sets available (July 27, 2017)
    I checked but I do not see them listed in their web-shop, so I guess this is an eBay deal only for now.
    Not sure if they found an old supply of these, or if these are newly manufactured units.

Kustom-Kraft-Appleton-Ebay-01w

Jeff Malpass
    Participant

Thanks for the link Rik. I just grabbed a pair for my Buick

Jeff Malpass
    Participant

Well I bought them for a future Buick project but I ended up installing them on my Mercury last night. I guess I’ll need to order another set.IMG_1244

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Cool picture Jeff. Fast delivery as well.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if these are similar Spotlights, or very different that Mooneyes just posted on their Instagram.

New Spotlights are in“, I have checked the site, but so far they only list the old Dummy Spotlights.

Perhaps something to keep en out out for.

mooneyesusa_33817638_176205579886681_4280418072809963520_n

Lucky Elbel
    Participant

I am on a slow hunt for a set of these. If anyone knows of a set, let a fella know!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Lucky Elbel.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.