Custom Car Chronicle

A-BOMBERS 2013… Picture thread.

Home Forums CCC Forum A-BOMBERS 2013… Picture thread.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    CuznBrucie
    Participant

Palle……it was so great this year to be in the company of so many great customs, especially Tim’s, your two, and Andreas’ cars…….but, best of all to meet you, Andreas, Lars, and so many others was just the best! Your cordiality and kindness to me have made a lifelong impression that will stay with me. All of my best wishes to all of you, and I hope to see you again in Sweden!!

CuznBrucie

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

This looks to be the Buick that David Guymon of Oklahoma built years ago. I saw it at Paso Robles, probably in 1997. It was also featured in Custom Rodder magazine about the same time. Neat car!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

Does anyone have a shot showing the front of this car?

Attachments:

www.trendcustomcars.com

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

This looks to be the Buick that David Guymon of Oklahoma built years ago. I saw it at Paso Robles, probably in 1997. It was also featured in Custom Rodder magazine about the same time. Neat car!

Correct now owned by Lars Hellgren… or I think David actually built it for Lars. I saw the car in person in 2007.. amazing car, wonderful craftmanship and great subtile details. You can see more on the Custom Car Photo Archive in THIS folder

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Not really, but you can see it a little bit in this photo…

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

PalleJ
    Participant

cant wait another 4 weeks..

Martin
    Participant

Found this in my stacks.

Attachments:
    You'll never be late
    If it's a "V8"
    Justin Kudolla
    Participant

Thank you Rik & Martin for the additional photos.

www.trendcustomcars.com

patsyngene
    Participant

drive there from the Netherlands, this year without old rusty iron, good reason cause stay in Sweden for two weeks hiking after A bombers weekend.Planned the Lead Parking over there and stay in Sweden till after A bombers, plans changed so next weekend dragstalgia at Santa Pod UK and then do A bombers.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Just curious…why 1956 for the cut off?

I have no idea? perhaps because there are so many 1957 Chevy’s in Sweden? No really I have no idea. I will ask around and see why the chose this cut of year.

Im sorry for late reply if anoyone ever reads it at all and I can only speak for secondary information since the third OSW 1997 was my first , the story goes : the first OSW there was only a few cars present (It think 8-10 cars) and the meet was helt at a park like area south of Uddevalla , one of the hardcore traditional Amcar guys (Benny) have a 1956 Ford so because he needed to be part of the OSW the year was set to 1956 . Benny has thru the years keep OSW participants in line , for example no radial tires allowed or as he refers to them “R”tires since just saying “radial” makes him crinch , bias tires only infact new new stuff at all , atleast not visable , lol .  Here is A-bombers own history which doesnt detail the 1956 cut off for OSW but tells about the first meet and the origin of A-bombers car club !

Wolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Tinwolf.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.