Custom Car Chronicle

A-BOMBERS 2013… Picture thread.

Home Forums CCC Forum A-BOMBERS 2013… Picture thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Few more photos from Palle.

Palle’s Cadillac and trailer on the boat from Denmark to Sweden,

Here is Wolf taking a seat in Palle’s 1947 Cadillac… Palle had a hard time getting him out of it!

Tim getting ready for the line up photo shoot.

Palle’s 1951 Dick Dean Mercury driven by Lars and on their way to the Line up meeting point.

On the way up to Sweden Palle started having some major heating problems with his Cadillac flathead.
    He barely made it to the boat in time. And despite working on it with the help of friends during the weekend they were not able to fixe the heating problem. So to play safe Palle decided to put the car on a truck and take it home that way.

Here we can see Palle at Wolf’s place still trying to fix the problem.

Palle took this photo on the way home to Denmark.
    Tim driving his 1939 Mercury with trailer….

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

The pictures are great guys,loving the ones with trailers.The lineup photos look like Los Angeles about 60 years ago.Those should prove to everyone how important stance is.

Craig Wise
    Participant

THANK YOU for all the GREAT PHOTOS!!!
    Really like the “Lineup” shots and Palles night shots. ALL the Customs look AWESOME!!!!!!
    Looks like a great day for everyone there………..cw.

PalleJ
    Participant

we had a fantastic weekend! one thing that is very important, is our camp site! this year with Wolf’s SMW and Tim and my 47 teardrops. we spend much time in that camp, and is having a BB’Q every night!
    heres a picture from one evening
    from the left: Wolf, Tim, Per, Tore..our new Assie friend Martin Crosston, myself and Andreas!

before i OSW..i told Martin, that he probably would sell his Hot Rod when he got back down under..after all he was surrounded by Kustom cars and there owners in 4 days..and you can see he is taken notes and pictures..looking forward to see what happens!

we dont mind a little laugh..last year we put tape on a friends 3w 36..to show him where to cut, and this year, we made a little joke with the Kirkegaard Mercury….those dices was in the car for 3 hours! they ended up in my mercury later though

we wanted to check ho Andreas’ great Kustom looked with a trailer..and it looks perfect!

same logo!?

more later
    -palle

bob tindale
    Participant

I would love to see a lot more pictures of Palle’s 51 Merc.A seperate thread on it would be better. Thanks

Steve Boutte
    Participant

Nice photos, Palle! But, I’m a little bit sad those cooool fuzzy dice didn’t hang around too long in that Merc! With those dice in there, it would be PERFECT!! Well…..he would still need some of those crybaby dolls on the bumpers. 😉

Really does look like a terrific event – thanks for the great images everyone! I agree with all the “stance” comments, as I am constantly trying to “school” all the people who think my Merc should be lower – BAH! Anyway, the A-Bombers event looks like a real trip back in time. Way to go! I was also pleased to read that Palle had another designated driver for the Merc.. I had images of him driving a mile, running back, driving two miles, running back, driving two again, etc., etc.. Ha, ha! Can you imagine next year when he’s having to get all three customs there? Whew! Looks like he will need two more teardrops!

Again, thanks for the pics!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

PalleJ
    Participant

Dave i might do that…not a bad idea!..i need the exercise!
    Bob ..i will figure out out to set up some more pics of the 51 later..thanks!
    -palle

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

The longer this thread goes the more I like it.Great photos fellas,really loving all of the trailer pics more and more.I have always liked em but these pics brought it to a whole new level.Im leaving to Bonneville in about an hour so I will keep my eyes open for some teardrops.Its a very long drive and I will be passing thru some little old towns.Anyway…….. great thread for a great show.

It was amazing to see Palles caddy and Tims merc in real life.There is now picture in the world that can do Tims mercury justice.It must be seen in reality.Absolutly stunning from any angle.Thanks for bringing them.And I have to ask Palle if you know what color you merc are painted in.Would like something similar on my 36 when it´s time.

Kenneth.

PalleJ
    Participant

Hey Kenneth..thanks for the kind words… i might have the color code somewhere. lets keep in touch about this!
    for a minute i thought is was the caddy color haha..thanks Rik!
    -palle

Lars friborg
    Participant

I was also pleased to read that Palle had another designated driver for the Merc.. I had images of him driving a mile, running back, driving two miles, running back, driving two again, etc., etc.. Ha, ha! Can you imagine next year when he’s having to get all three customs there? Whew! Looks like he will need two more teardrops!
    Dave

If you know Palle, you would know that exercise isnt one of the biggest things in his life.
    And when he asked me, if i would drive the Merc, i didnt need much time to think about it.
    We had a fun trip, only missing Rik and Kevan.
    Lars

And when he asked me, if i would drive the Merc, i didnt need much time to think about it.<br>

I don’t blame you one little bit Lars! I would jump at a chance like that too! (Did you give it back? Ha, ha!).

-Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

CuznBrucie shared some of the photos he took on his trip to the A-Bombers… He fell in love with all the great customs… And mentioned he would give a lot to bring home Tim Kirkegaards 1939 Mercury… Well won’t we all love to take that one home.

The photos…

Brucie and Andreas

Again.. but now showing a bit more of Andreas his Ford.

Palle Johansen, Brucie and Andreas Aberg

Some details on Andreas his Panoramic Ford near clone.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

PalleJ
    Participant

it was really good to meet Brucie..what a nice guy!
    i hope others from the US gets inspired, and jump on a plane next year! your all welcome!
    -palle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.