Home Forums CCC Forum 1954 Chevy 210 post custom build

This topic contains 34 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Kyle Connole 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Kyle Connole
    Participant

I haven’t been on here too much or updated in a while, but things have not been sitting idle. I haven’t really taken any photos because the current work isn’t very interesting. I redid the rear suspension, and got the rest of the frame prepared to go to powder coat. So, now that the frame is off at the powdercoater, I’m getting suspension and engine cleaned up and ready for frame assembly once it comes back.
    Got the engine cleaned up,shot some black on it, got the valve covers and intake polished and slapped all the shine bits on there.   Can’t wait for the frame to come back so I can see some of this stuff together.  Hopefully this week.

IMG_7409

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Looks killer!

Kyle Connole
    Participant

Got the frame back from powder coating on Thurs.  Got the engine and trans and front suspension on this weekend.  I get my rear end back tomorrow, then I can make it a roller.

You’ll have to excuse the suspension for now, once the car is done, you won’t be able to see the modern stuff, not even in the engine compartment.  I’m not against using some modern parts, but I am against seeing them.

IMG_7450

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

HAHA I love that you are assembling it on the front walk. Looks good.

Kyle Connole
    Participant

HAHA I love that you are assembling it on the front walk. Looks good.

Thanks Ian.

Haha, it only looks like that.  Thats actually the back of the driveway, as photographed from inside the garage.

The house has a little bit of a weird layout due to past add ons.  It’s very long and kind of has 3 front doors.  Always funny to see the look of confusion on a solicitors face when they go to the second door and have the same person answer as the previous door.

I hoped to get the frame to a roller tonight, but I’m an idiot and I ordered the wrong differential carrier for my new rear end gears, gotta wait a few days now.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.