Custom Car Chronicle

54 capri

Home Forums CCC Forum 54 capri

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Yes they work now, and the others before also worked, it was just on those you posted last night. Not sure what happened.

I like what I see….
    This will be cool… very different… I like it!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Martin
    Participant

Your build Mark reminds me of some of the tech tips and inspirational pictures from the big and last book in the “Dan Post Custom & Restyling Box Set”. As Rik said, cool and very different.
    I love the look and feel of Ina Mea’s 1952 Lincoln Capri (see attached picture), so I’m looking forward on seeing what you will do with your car!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    You'll never be late
    If it's a "V8"
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Very unique. Does the ink mark on the tailgate suggest that there are plans for some asymmetric styling?

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

It’ll be a different, kinda concept car look…very cool!

Mark Spooner
    Participant

just scored these on ebay, think they might suit a2

pkerit
    Participant

I have always loved customs and admired Rik Hovings work. I am very happy to find this website. Thanks Rik!
    I love what you are doing to this car and admire your excellent skill at making things flow in a way that is pleasing to look at. Will the trunk be usable on a regular basis? Will it be comfortable to use when you buy groceries and again to unload them? Will the trunk open to the side?
    I know a lot of customs are only made to look at but a custom that can actually function as an ordinary car seems to me to be a desirable goal. Thanks for a place to let my imagination run wild. 🙂

Mark Spooner
    Participant

got a day on this, must spend more.  83459ee95de39386 (1)

Arrrgghhh…  I wanna see!  Seems like a cool project, but the only images I see are the five from August and this last one.. 🙁

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Sorry Dave dont where the pics have gone?, but got some more time in and sectioned the rear a couple of inches, 7ft of weld to do now.a1

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mark it appears that the image hosting server you used in the beginning (https://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk) is not working anymore… at least not right now. Thats why most of the images are missing on page 1.
    There is no way for me to get them from a server that is not working.

got some more time in and sectioned the rear a couple of inches, 7ft of weld to do now.

Bzzzt, bzzzt, bzzzt..   😉

Is that the removed bit lying on the floor, or is that your straight edge?  I kind of liked the “scoop” that was there due to the tall quarters – any thought of introducing a scoop in the modified fender?

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Shanahan
    Participant

I kind of dig that scoop on the top of the doors idea Dave! I wonder if that could be done with with a couple chrome spears coming out of it and use one of the spears as a door popper?

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Pretty sure there will be scoops involved…………..

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Some more cutting and mocking up………….. too many ideas…. a7a7a8a58345a0bb3ba03433

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh boy… that is sweet. I love the new door line, and whole tapered shape of the body.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.