Custom Car Chronicle

54 capri

Home Forums CCC Forum 54 capri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Mark Spooner
    Participant

Its not right yet but its getting there I hope, lots yet to do and inspired by many and much on here. thanks

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Interesting project Mark.
    Tell us more about it. I can see the extended rear fenders, but I’m unsure about what is going on with the catwalk. It looks like you are turning it into a two seater?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Yes Rik its to be a 2 seater, I have moved the catwalk forward along with the trunk and surround although not as much as the catwalk so it looks like the rear fenders are extended, plans are for a carson style top to slide back over the rear deck or to lift off if I want, it may even get a slight section later along with the 2.75″ chop, lots off work to on the screen top though as this was a hardtop and its been very crudely cut!, heres a better view outside.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very interesting.
    I sure missed the forward moved trunk… Should have looked better. I rwally like the sporty look that modifcationen created. I think that mild section job would really bring the proportions on the car to its ultimate balance. Beautiful concept.

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Got a few hours in on this, worked on the veryvery crudely cut screen header to put some strength back and got the pillers pulled in to suit the mild chop, trimed the door tops a bit then got it outside to stand back and see if I like where its going, looks good to me but not looking forward to welding up the 7ft rear quarter tops,

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Really interesting restyling Mark.. I really like the idea. And it looks good outside.

Love the rear 3/4 view.

Good luck with the welding.

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Got a bit done on the quarters and doors, also catwalk dropped and angled down slightly so I hope the trunk lid will follow the same line,

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Progressing slowly and got the catwalk frame in

Torchie
    Participant

I just picked up on this one. I dig it !!
    I’m not sure about the sectioning though. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Torchie

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

very interesting project !!! can’t wait yo see more !

Mark Spooner
    Participant

One step forward and two back it seems, catwalk tacked in and knew it looked far to deep, first thought was to cut the trunk and add some in the middle keeping the same shape, but instead I played about with some card and came up with a much more pleasing shape that I think will flow well with the rest, mocked it up with the red steel first then made it with new, next will be redoing some of the framework, makeing a new rain channel to suit and some support under the extended trunk lid

Mark Spooner
    Participant

With the trunk going so well I took it a bit further and raked the screen back slightly, now its getting nearer to the vision in my head…….

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Playing with top ideas as slideback roof plans dident pan out, so a 56 rear caddy window sections filled in might work, with a lift off centre section or 3 that can fit in the trunk, but this mock up is one I quite like so my well stay, broke a 56 cad many moons ago and kept the rear screen and surround so played with the surround a bit and think it will work but its only metal so it might change.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mark, I cant seem to get those last two photos you added to work here. Could you give it another try?

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Hi Rik, do they work now or is there a better way I can upload to here, thanks Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.