Custom Car Chronicle

50's built '34 Vicky INFO needed

Home Forums CCC Forum 50's built '34 Vicky INFO needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The first time I saw a photo of this 1034 Ford Victoria was in an early 80’s Dutch magazine. Only a small photo appeared. But it stood out from all the other Hot Rods due to its custom body work, especially the extended and molded in headlights.

Later I found more photos of this car, some with ugly 70’s wwide rear tires. But somehow the overal lines of this car intrigued me a lot.

Not to long ago I found out that the car was built in the early 1950’s by Ray Hosh and that Dick Dean did the headlights, and possibly some other body work on the car.

The current owner Scott is looking for every possible information about the car, and especially photos from how the car looked originally. Photos from the 1950’s or 1960’s. Reason is becuase he wants to bring the car back to how it was originally intended. And with all the wonderful body work, the custom headlights and running boards I think this could be a stunning combination between Custom and Hot Rod.
    Hopefully somebody will recognize this uniquely and very nicely styled 1934 Ford Vicky. If you do, please let us know.

Below are a series of photos how the car looked in the 70’s and 80’s

This is how the car looks today.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

I remember thinking that car was a bitchin as hell back when it had the nerfs.

Poor thing even got Boyderized.

I look forward to the updates on this one.

Scott Yanagihara
    Participant

Project Update: I spoke with Jack Pieknik this week. He is the gentleman that bought the car in 1971, it was wrecked in the front and had blue glass windows (Detroit style) it had no interior and a wore out Old’s motor. He said someone must have parted out an Old’s for the running gear. He put in a decent Old’s motor and drove the car like this while he was working on it. He later switched it to the 289 and Cruise-o-matic with a 12 bolt rearend the car still runs this today. Jack had the car for over 27 years and during that time it became quite the street rod and reliable rod, he drove it over 8000 miles a year to all the Street Rod Nats as magazine photos and articles chronologically depict.

Jack shared the Dick Dean connection, Dick told Jack that he built the fenders originally for Ernie Szelesi’s 34 Cabriolet. Ernie did not care for them and Ray Hosh acquired them for the Vicky. They were all in the Down River Modified’s at the time, Dick Dean, Bill Hines, and Ernie. You can definitely see the styling cues from that area and era.

I will be meeting with Jack at the GNRS so he can see the car and share some more great info, I will keep you all updated.

Thank you for looking in, Scott

Hopefully finding info on my 34 Vicky in it's original Kustomized form.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Scot. That is great new info.
    Do you have a rough date as to when Dick Dean did the front fenders/headlights?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.