Custom Car Chronicle

41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Have been working on the right door rust repairs…..it needed both outside skin and a full inner frame replacement..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for keeping us posted Doug. Always looking forward to see more progress… getting closer to the final goal.

I was just looking at a nice illustration of a full fade-away-fender ’41 Caddy padded top convertible. They are such fantastic cars, and can look so amazing as full Customs.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Jeff Malpass
    Participant

Rik please share the illustration you where looking at I would love to see it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik please share the illustration you where looking at I would love to see it.

Hi Jeff, well it was something done for a friend, a car he is slowly building. Not sure if he wants the illustration out on the internet. I will ask though.

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi …. Been working on the fire wall welding all the unwanted holes and finishing up the welding on the 4″ cut to let the engine sit nice without moving the radiator forward …got some paint on it this morning ……DNA Sapphire blue candy

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Looking good Doug. Man, that blue candy is an intense colour!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks great Doug. Must be a great feeling to add some primer… and paint.

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi….Ā  TomĀ  &Ā  Ric….HeresĀ  another angle of the fire wall…… Tore the 425 engine down and give it a birth day..Got this motor and tranny out off a 78 Deville with 64K miles….had it running and trans worked OK and the motor was lose when running…..low oil pressure when hot … lifters all talking to each other….dont think its had an oil change for a long time …pulled it down ……had it hot washed …. give a measure and every thing was in Std tolerance.. ..brought a engine rebuild kit including cam..lifters ..and push rods…put it all together ready to run the cam in….do this in the next few weeks when I can install into chassis to run…trying a new hi torque starter…….

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Love it.

Doug, please note that we just added a new feature to insert full size images to the posts here on the CCC. (I added the full size images manually to your post)

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  RicĀ  …. Thanks for the image tip.

Merry XmasĀ  to all on the forum

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  …Acid washed hood..primed it with Epotec 2k….painted the inside with color

Repaired the trunk floor….made new trunk lower seal channel and body skin

Found NOS series62Ā  rocker stainlessĀ  ..rare…expensive

Fitted up rear fendersĀ  ready to be welded to body…leaded around edge of skirts for flush finish

Fitted engine -trans …..had running to run in camm_IMG_4877m_IMG_4875m_IMG_4884m_IMG_4885m_IMG_4881m_IMG_4886IMG_4857

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow, killer work on this…I don’t know how I haven’t check this thread out before.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Looking really good Doug. Can’t wait to get down to visit and shake your hand. I’m over in Perth again working on 53 Eldorados. Life is never dull. A friend in Brisbane supposedly bought that 41 Sedanette out of Victoria off gumtree. Looks like a good car from pics. Hoping to talk to him about it when I get back home. my parts could hitch a ride back in it.

PS. To the others in this group Doug really helped me out recently with a difficult situation I was faced with. Good to know there are still forthright people with integrity. Doug is one of them.

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Rob…Thanks for chiming in on the build…….Doug

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi .. Q….If the 41 is the one I’m thinking of…..its aĀ  series 61 and the guy has several Caddy’s for sale…He only bringsĀ  in very top end quality cars…I’ve seen this car as Graham just lives in the next suburb as I needed to the way front sheetmetal was sitiing on chassis.. theres a 41 coupeĀ  42Ā  sedanetteĀ  and many others he has in the collection but theyĀ  are all for sale…..

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.