Custom Car Chronicle

41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Chris…A couple more pics in the mill…cleaning up the inner straights..and the other is on a rotary table the get the radius roughed out inside and out near enough to file finish before I linish and polish then……

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Chris..Have finished the rough out on the rear window frame…need’s some file and linish time now to get it ready to polish….

Attachments:
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Has been a cold 4 months so I havent been working on the Caddy…Got a chance to turn the car around last week and will start working on the right side door…

Attachments:
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

That’s good news Doug. I was worried that you had joined the bowels club or taken up building model ships from match sticks.

PS damn spell check, should read bowls club. . . But bowels club is so funny I had to leave it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Good to hear from you and the 41 again Doug.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi …Q…….Ric…..Have a few spring time chores to catch up..but after that it full speed ahead…..

mike sutton
    Participant

good to see this back on track.

1952B3b23

Hi Chris..Have finished the rough out on the rear window frame…need’s some file and linish time now to get it ready to polish….

I missed it before but the window frame is looking good.

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Nice to see that you are back working on your Cadillac, and it’s looking good. My own -41 project are in bits and pieces all over the garage but I’m really looking forward to the day when I have it back together in one piece like yours, and also can pull it outside to take a good look at distance.

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi.. Mike & Chris Been really cold this winter.. couldn’t work on it all but getting a few things done it warmed up a bit……..

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Bert…I have got most of the parts that were missing ..just tracked down the last main part that was missing…the hood latch sheet metal and locking system that fits inside the the front of the hood….didn’t realize it was missing for years…dumb dumb…..cut the right rocker section off ready to make a new one..mine is a series 62 and has the curved rocker … have to hand make it….think there are some pics a few pages back of the left rocker being made…also have tacked in the structural stiffeners on the right side

Attachments:
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi…..Got some of the new rocker parts taked into place..Had to make these panels as they are curved and the top panel has reverse curve in it…

Attachments:
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi …… Have welded rocker parts ind added the top reverse curve top panel..just need to dress up the welds

Attachments:
    1952B3b23

Looking good. Nice work on the rust repair.

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Chris…The rocker panel an this series 62 is different to the other 41 Caddy’s….I think its the same as Super Buick & Oldsmobile…..the door tuck’s into the rocker….It follows the body line curve and the top has a reverse radius….no body makes a replace pieces ..being the shape it is I had to make it separately out of 4 separate panels and weld all the seams..looking at the original rocker it one piece.. the press die would have been massive to press it out

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.