Custom Car Chronicle

41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 41 Cadillac Carson Top Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Great to see some more updates Doug.

Thanks for sharing them.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  …have been working on car ..just a lot of little stuff….2 mains … fitting front sheet metalĀ Ā  so I could make bumper iron mounts for front bumperĀ  ….chassis has front clip from late car…. Fitting rocker stainless…..had to make clips as stainless and clips were missing off the car when I got it…..IMG_4881m_IMG_4930m_IMG_4931

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Great to see your progress. Ā It’s looking awesome. Ā The Devil’s in the details, to borrow from another CCC member.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks great Doug. Those rocker trim pieces are a work of art all by them selves, glad you are putting them on your car.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Looking good Doug!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Slow down Doug. I don’t want to play second fiddle. Ā Hehe.

Looks good mate. Hoping you might inspire my mate Peter to do a mild custom with his 41 Sedanette.

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Thanks …Bert..Ric..Larry..QĀ Ā  ….Ric as you know the 41 Cad isĀ  art deco on wheels but I must admit these series 62 rocker trims are the ducks guts in stainless trim…You would die if you knew how much I paid for them.. very rare andĀ  NOS……Reverse top curve..contour body curve…bead swage right around trim…18 bar line pressing…WOW whatĀ  a mouth full….but theres more…16 fender molds…..hood vents…and it go’s on…just love the look of this car

Doug Charter
    Participant

m_IMG_4947m_IMG_4948m_IMG_4949m_IMG_4950

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Have been working on the Carson top …will have to get all the bows in place and then adjust them to the height needed..the frame will be all alloy….

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I like the forward angle on the B-Pillar a lot… very nice

Add a wonderful Gaylord Top feel to it … And I always like the smoother Gaylord tops.

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Ric…The B pillar is not much different to the Cad- Buick coupe door frame ..I have a couple of pic’s of what I like ..I’ll see if I can find them …they are from the 40-50s..hope I can achieve this look

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi…Ric…This is an older pic of the Ogden 41 Buick which has the shape B pillar arch I like…I’m trying to keep as close to Buick look as I can….
    Ric ..Has the tool bar been changed..dont see the image upload anymore

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ah.. yes the Herb Ogden Buick.. That car is perfect, and so is the shape of the top. Perfection.

I spend a lot of time looking at that one at the 2011 GNRS Customs Then & Now.

Ogden-Buick-Top

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Doug, when you do a new posting you have the option of using Visual or Text mode.Ā You can choose that on the right top side of the window where you write the text.

If you use Visual, you can add images with the “Image” icon (the one with the mountains and sun, on the right side of the icons). This option embeds the image in the post at full size.

If you use the Text mode you can use the “img” button to share images hosted on another site, or you can use the “Attachements” option on the bottom left. This last method adds the images as small attachment to the post.

Doug Charter
    Participant

Hi Ric……Thanks for the Ogden Pic …a great side view…and it is perfection…I havent chopped mine as much…we have a specification in our Australian design rules….size of the aperture windscreen opening … the line of sight when seated in the car….if mine was chopped the same as the Buick I wouldn’t pass engineers report….so I have to settle for 5″ chop….
    I see the page review tabs now …miss things like that as you get older

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.