Custom Car Chronicle

40’s Styled 1941 Ford Business Coupe

Home Forums CCC Forum 40’s Styled 1941 Ford Business Coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

a91w0t8svpgs3awi88bswl1yoj6udbeeIMG-20221030-WA0002Hello everyone,

Some might know me or my 52 Chevy Coupe from another Thread.

Well, “times they are a changing” and some things happening in my life so i have to sell the Chevy.

I also sold my 1940 Chrysler Convertible project, wich was in really rough shape and i believe i couldn’t finish in the next 20 Years, and also don’t got the money and time to restore it and make it a full padded top Custom.

So i was searching for another Option.

Something that i really like and can be a great early styled Custom without major body work etc.

I always loved the 41-48 Fords, especially the 41. There is always a discussion wich one looks better,Ā  the short door or the long door. To me i prefer the long doors when they are chopped, and the short door unchopped (although i really love the Snooky Janich Ford for example).

So in the fact that i will leave it unchopped (at least for a loooooong time), i decited to look out for a short door Business or Sport Coupe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I was able to find a really nice 41 Business Coupe, wich was already in Germany,Ā  and also already passed German TƜV inspection and got a Histoic Licence registration.

It is in really good shape and was restored at one time, but don’t know when.

It has the stock drivetrain and runs great, so i drove it 800km through the whole Country from north to south last Weekend without any issues.

It is almost bone Stock.

Here are a few picturesĀ 20221102_11220920221102_09541720221102_09530020221102_095344

Tony
    Participant

Super nice car and I’m sure you will make it even better.

This made me laugh:

i drove it 800km through the whole Country from north to south

800 km would not even get me from here in Brisbane to Sydney. Europeans often make big errors in estimating travel times here. šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course one of the first few things that i removed was the Sunvisor,Ā  wich i immediately did as soon as i arrived at home.Ā  Together with the bumper Bar and the passenger side Mirror.

And i also installed the ribbed beauty rings wich came with the car.

Much better to me

Parts for sale lol šŸ˜‰

I like the fact it’s already got the deluxe bumpers wich are in great shape and also the accessory licence guard.

20221102_10231820221102_102423

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Tony.

Haha that could be true.

There are many countries i can pass if i drive 800km in each direction from where i live.

But anyway i am happy that my first 800km test drive was successful

Anonymous
    Inactive

So here are my plans for it, … wich i will start as soon i sold the chevy:

I want to do it in the look of somewhere around 47 or so.

Mild Custom with big whitewalls and a nice taildragger stance.

First i have to do new wiring and 12V conversion.

I guess it needs New paint (same color, maybe a little bit darker) so this gives me the Chance to delete some chrome.

I want to remove the hood Center trim and make it one piece , and also shorten the side hood trim. Then a friend of me will fabricate a center grill filler piece.

Also i will search for some 41 ford long type skirts and clean the deck lid.Ā  Not sure about a inset license plate,Ā  maybe, but maybe just clean it and move the license to the rear bumper.

Then remove the parking lights and thats it pretty much.

Of course i want some nice Hubcaps,Ā  Single Flippers or maybe 38 Cadillac Series 75, and a pair of Appleton 112 Spotlights.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

LOVE IT…. and the plans sounds Super!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Michu
    Participant

Thatā€˜s a really nice Coupe Toby!!!

Canā€˜t wait to see some progress, also iā€˜d like to check it out in person some day!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

You found a good one. Congratulations! I like your plan too. Very Cool, 800k is a good shakedown, I’m glad it all went well!

Everything is so compact and nearby in Europe, I love it!

Mitch

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you all.

I am searching for old pictures of Custom Ford CoupƩs back in the day.

Most of them were convertibles with padded top, so if anyone got more pictures of Coupe’s for Inspiration it would be awesome.

I only found 3 so far, two of them 41’s

1941FordCoupeMild02-viScreenshot_20221102-181843_InstagramScreenshot_20221103-203755_WhatsApp

Creampuff ’41 Tobias!Ā  Since you are seeking pictures, have you seen hombres ruin’s beautiful example?

The San Diego 41 ford – Custom Car Chronicle

Sorry, the link won’t copy-paste for some reason..?

-Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Geez, computers sometimes!Ā  Anyway, pulled a sample image from hombres ruin’s thread:

Screenshot 2022-11-08 170144

-Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Dave.

Yes i know his ford from Instagram.Ā  Fantastic ride and also a big Inspiration.Ā  This picture is awesome!

The followoing pictures are als a Inspiration for me. They are also newer builts

1946-ford-business-coupe-short-door-kustom-hot-rod-120131116_165610Screenshot_20221026-004301_ChromeScreenshot_20221026-004252_Chrome

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I know this goes beyond what your plans are. But, Sam’s ’47 was overly righteous! I had the pleasure of knowing Sam and Terry, and riding along on several occasions. Ā His car was just right, and it worked. Smooth as glass ride.

https://public.fotki.com/rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/sam_foose_build_cars/sams_48_ford_coupe/samfoose-47-jeffnor.html

Mitch

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mild Mitch.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mild Mitch.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

IG-Jack-Butler-Collection-41-Ford

41-Ford-Parade

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.