Custom Car Chronicle

39 Cadillac Sixty Special

Home Forums CCC Forum 39 Cadillac Sixty Special

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

On second thought… I agree with Wolf and others… that small curve at the top of the door will work very nice. And there is enough flow in the rest of the body to make this feel like a natural line.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Found a way to roughly do it on my phone with my finger. . . This is what I’m thinking. The advantage is actually when the parade boot is on. It allows a cleaner look.Ā IMG_20170911_194056

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Tony
    Participant

That’s pretty much the same as how the Dearborn Deuce bodies are done too (if ya want to look them up.)

Tinwolf
    Participant

If your using the outside hinge for the trunklid , if its possible to make a special version of hingeĀ that takes care of the convertible lid as well ?

Ā Special hinge

This is a crude sketch from above were the blue is the piece bolted to the body that holds the pivot point , yellow is the part that hinge the trunklid and the red is hinging the convertible lid and covers the blue that ends up below like the trunk hinge on a -49 ford .

Special hinge above

Tinwolf
    Participant

Special hinge 3D 1Special hinge 3D 2Special hinge 3D 4Special hinge 3D 3Special hinge 3D 5

Special hinge 3D 6 transparant

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Love your “prototyping art” Wolf . Looks like PopArt. Please send Tony the bill. Can I blow them up and make posters out of them ?

Rik’s rendering is the solution. It is difficult to explain but once the parade boot is back on it will be more evident.

I love the flowing line that now can be traced with your finger from the trunk all the way around to the windshield.

James D
    Participant

The Fiat 850 Spider has a double hinge for the hood cover and the engine lid. Might work out if you can find any.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-850-Spider-Chrome-Trunk-Hinge-Set-New-/311665604416

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Time to get back on th horse again. You will notice I have feathered the door edge as well.Ā 35F90188-2AB5-48E8-AF1E-AA78308F440CBEFB62A7-A142-40A8-A8A1-E57629A66E9A

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

OOOOOOH…. YEAAAAH ….. Progress!!!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Two different cars , but similar curve helping the flow of the upperĀ rear corner šŸ™‚ !

Curve

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Great to see some progress again!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Hip! Hip! Hooray!Ā  Oh, happy day!Ā  Good on you, Quentin.

Torchie
    Participant

You are my Hero of the day Q !!!

Keep at it brother.

Torchie

Shanahan
    Participant

Glad to see you’re back at it!

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.