Custom Car Chronicle

39 Cadillac Sixty Special

Home Forums CCC Forum 39 Cadillac Sixty Special

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks great Quentin. I see the slight “wave” from where the section was flipped from the other side. But with your skills that should be fairly “easy” to fix at a later stage. Looks really good with the longer door.

We are all shocked here in the Netherlands. About flight MH17 being shut down over 150 Dutch people died. Nobody we knew as far as we can tell.. but that does not make it less terrible.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

I forgot to mention, that window side glass template really tells a story! And I like stories like this.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

A vey solemn day. Best thing I can do is keep pushing ahead.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

You are moving FAST Quentin. Progress looks amazing.

Eric H
    Participant

Great progress! The entire car changed in the last couple of pics. Looking forward to updates.

Eric H
    Participant

Any plans for nice long fade away fenders?

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Wow, thats a couple of months worth of progress in just a few days, impressive. Are you planning to keep all the wood in the floor?

That is some really good progress and nice job Quentin.Keep it coming

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Big day and night on day 2. About to have a coffee and get back into it. I sectioned the trunk sides and layed down the trunk lid last thing last night. Another contour problem has surfaced that will slow me down in that the hips are too wide around the rear wheel arch and needs to scallop in 25 mm. Suddenly it will be English whee time and progress will slow up. Also the bead around the rear window contour is completely thrown out.
    The wooden sills are in really good shape surprisingly with no rot so at this stage they can stay.
    I am surprised how much I love the coupe lines. . . (Being a convertible man) So much so that I may just make it a fixed roof coupe and forget the convertible option. Coffee time.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

So it’s morning tea time. I cut more out of the back of what was the rear door to gain access for the English wheel. To get the sweep of the new lower trunk level requires rolling the upper shoulder of the door into quite a compound curve.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That looks very good…. and this way it will flow very nicely into the trunk.
    Its amazing how fast you work Quentin. Also neat to see the little profile drawing you did on the Top B-Pillar.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Ok so another big day. My mate just brought over a bucket of KFC and having not stopped for lunch i ate 27 pieces of chicken and now I feel sick. I’ve lost track is the day 3 or 4?? Anyhow. Spent allot of time getting the taper to the trunk right. Had to wheel up the rear doors to get enough curve. On and of 50 times. Trunk lid on and it looks a bit 53 Corvette with the number plate sunken. Can’t look at the rear bumper presently on it. Will get the roofwelded up tomorrow maybe.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Your doing some amazing work Quentin… and all that with no wire guides or anything. Amazing.
    Good thing is.. at least it looks that way, that you can take a step back and look at the flow of everything from quite a distance.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Here’s three more pics of the whole car. Yes it its good to stand back and check it out and take in the whole. I guess having played with big bummed 50s Cadillacs all my life I seem to have a feel for the lines and curves in my head and in my hands. I do have a long strip of stainless that I use to check the flow. It is surprising how much shape some of the panels have. This car is probably the most exotic piece of sculpture that I have seen….or felt.

PalleJ
    Participant

holy shit Quentin….your working alot/fast!
    this is going to look really great. please set the body into the stance you have planned for it. pull the rear tires of or something. at least for us to see the result better! it does have that 80’s rake rigth now, and thats the last thing it deserves!

keep up the hard work Mate!
    -palle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.