Custom Car Chronicle

36 3w kustom build

Home Forums CCC Forum 36 3w kustom build

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 235 total)
  • Author

So I will try to update with some pics. This time I going thru fotki so I hope it will work out now.
    Have the roof tacked up now and the doors are connected in the top.Started on the left corner of the rear window and have it tacked up. Still have to make the right corner and a new skin for the roof to fill the hole.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

They work for me Kenneth.
    And wow… Great work? The new cotners on the rar window look really good, nicely proportioned.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Adam Von Gerichten
    Participant

Hey, Kenneth! I’ve been following your build thread on the HAMB, great to see it on here as well. Looking forward to seeing all the progress you make and watching it come together, great job by the way!

Tomas
    Participant

Shit looking really good ,you have skills man

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Looks really great, thanks for sharing.

HĆ„kan Andersson
    Participant

Real impressing Kenneth ! Keep up the GOOD work! šŸ™‚

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback . HereĀ“s a pic of the whole window. Now thereĀ“s a lot of welding to do.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

The problem is Kenneth, you make it all look too easy…..I am itching to get into my 39 Cadillac that is patiently waiting for me to start. Timing is not right just yet as I am still setting up my friend’s shop to restore several high end Caddies and the 39 is my afterhours project. I have already learned allot from your build that will help me, so thanks and keep it up. Q.

It really pleases me if I have been to some inspiration for you Quentin
    Have welded up the roof and smoothed the welds. Got a new spring installed in front too and it came down about 3 inches and now she have the stance I was looking for. Still have to fill the insert in the roof and IĀ“m gonna make a new skinn during the hollidays.I just had to make a quick mock up to see how she looks.

And here is a pic of the finnished rear window.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Looks killer Kenneth!!! Did you figure out your door buttons?

It’s nice to see someone working in a garage as small as I am LOL

Thanks Ian. I have not made them yet but I will install a switch behind the button and wire it to a solenoid hooked up to the latch.
    Yeah you bet that garage is small and I donĀ“t now how many times IĀ“ve freaked out over the tight spaces, but now it soon will be over.I recently bought me a new house with an old forge attached and there is a little more than 1000 square feet in the forge.It was buildt in 1902 and the man I bought it of was the 3rd generation blacksmith running it.A lot off history and a lot off old tools included and even the old fire place were they heated the iron is still intact.IĀ“m really stoked over this, itĀ“s an old dream I have to own such a place.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

G’day Kenneth, I am sure both you , and the fireplace, will be stoked . . . Sounds great . . .and warm in winter. (Whilst we swelter over here in summery OZ.)
    Friday night at Harry’s Diner last night; the local HotRod and Custom Car hangout. Some nice cars but not quite Custom Car Chronicle style but there was a 39 Ford fibreglass coupe with suicide doors and I saw he had recessed button doorlocks. I asked if he’d had any dramas with the solenoids and he said “what solenoids?”.
    He has it operating directly off the push button like most cars did just with the wire or rod. Made me rethink the whole solenoid thing and associated problems. I need another strong coffee but I am still rethinking. . . Simple is always the best. Q

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Kenneth the new set of photos is amazing. The stance looks so great… absolutely perfect.
    You are doing stunning work.

Congratulations on the new house and work space. Sure sounds very interesting.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tomas
    Participant

Looking so good perfect stance

Quentin I hear you and know what youĀ“re saying. The guy you talked to probably had a set off “bearjaws” installed and they have the right movement to addapt a pushbutton.The stock Ford latch have a twissting movement wich have to be transfered over to a push and I think that even if I can make that happend with a lever it will take to much off force to open the door.I have considered bearjaws but if I can get the stock latches work with a solenoid it will be the way IĀ“m going. And as you says it may not be the simplest way but I must try.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.