Custom Car Chronicle

36 3w kustom build

Home Forums CCC Forum 36 3w kustom build

Viewing 10 posts - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Looks great and it’s nice to see that you are back making progress on it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks really great Kenneth.

Good to see some new updates on it.

I love how it looks on the floor again. Those black wall tires make it look sooo heavy!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Thanks Bert and Rik.I agree on the blackwalls. I have a set of whitewalls waiting for the car but I have start rethinking a bit. Whitewalls makes it look a bit luxuary but blackwalls aint that bad. As Jack Calori stated whitewalls donĀ“t add anything to the car.This is a problem when it takes such long time to build a car. New ideas popping up messing with the original plan

David Conrad
    Participant

When I was planning my ’36 I wanted black walls. But when it was almost finished I tried both. Most of my friends voted for white walls. I did not agree so I went with the black walls in spite of what most people thought.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Tough choice David.

I like them both. Both versions make the car look totally different.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The black walls make the car look sinister… a bit like a mobster, while the white wall tires make it look like a Hollywood movie star from the 30’s… classic

David Conrad
    Participant

What’s interesting is at the last 4 Custom Car Revivals it’s been the only car with black walls. I’ve always liked the before and after the war look. I will say though, usually I prefer white walls on early ’50s customs. That’s why I have them on my ’51 Fleetline the I’m working on and hope to have at the nextĀ  Revival. Here it is before and during.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    bob tindale
    Participant

In my opinion Jack Calori was wrong and the first thing I would do to that car is add whitewalls. But everyone has a right to their opinion.

Tony
    Participant

Jack’s car is Jack’s car and the black walls are part of what it is. I went weak when I first saw it. Then I sat in it. Makes me feel all gooey thinking about it.

It is a landmark car that has had huge influence and up close it is what it is…Kenneth’s will be much better finished, but if not for Jack’s, Kenneth would not be doing what he is doing now.

Bear in mind, when I say “it is what it is,” that’s after it was restored too.

kustomland
    Participant

I love the JackĀ Calori Ā 36 Ford with only black walls……..

I have black walls on my 36 Ford….

Tho I do like white walls on a 36 Ford but only when they are double sided…..I had a set of original N.O.S FIRESTONE double sided white walls on my 1940Ā FORDĀ 2 door standard Ā that were only produced in NEW ZEALAND in the originalĀ FIRESTONE factoryĀ after WW2.

There is just some thing ascetically pleasing when you see a kustom lowered in the rear to give it that speed boat stance, And when you look at the car from different angles and you see the double sided white walls it gives that small slight finished touch look under the car.Ā It just complementsĀ the darkness you see under the car and brightens it up just enough to say….Hey ..! that looks really nice…..

I may in the future use white walls but if I do they will be double sided….

The antique tire shop had original doubleĀ sided white walls kept in dark storage in LONG BEACH up until 2011 when they sold the last lot of them.

The original double sided white walls had ” MADE IN NEW ZEALAND ” on the side walls…..Tho COKER make them now and it does not have this on the side walls….

KUSTOMLAND

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.