Custom Car Chronicle

1953 Chevy Coupe

Home Forums CCC Forum 1953 Chevy Coupe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Gordon
    Participant

Hey there.

Just joined this forum and thought I would post up some pictures of the car I am currently building. I am going after a traditionally styled chevy kustom. Started off with a mild chop as I have seen too many coupes that are chopped too much. Slanted the b-pillars slightly which i think adds to the flow of the roof. Out back I have molded 55 chevy tail lights with extended lower quarters and a full molded splash pan into a 55 pontiac rear bumper with a peaked over ride and custom exhaust cut outs through the bumper. Up front I have installed 55 oldsmobile head lights and extended the factory grill bar and removed the parking lights. Inside I have sectioned and installed a 59 impala dash. Underneath will be running a more modern air ride suspension.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Welcome to the CCC Trevor, hope,you will have a great time here.

I love your 53 Chevy, very nice and subtile restyling. The 55 parts front and rear make your car really great. The way the 55 Chevy taillights are mounted is absolutely perfect.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Hi Trev. Welcome and good to see you here too and glad you are back working on your car again.

Kenneth.

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

Great car and welcome to the forum! I like the unusual parts used, such as the taillights and wheelcovers. Myself, I would carry that theme to the grill as well, rather than putting back on ’53-54 Chevy teeth. Yes, they look nice, but they have been done to death. There are so many other choices out there, even the bar as you have it in the photos would look good with just the holes filled-in and getting it re-chromed. Keep up the nice work!

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

Porky
    Participant

Looking real good so far, love the ‘out of the box’ mods for a 53. Executed beautifully!

If it's about anything, then it's gotta be style.

Cal
    Participant

Fantastic job so far. Really enjoyed following your progress on the HAMB.

Johnnee D
    Participant

This is an amazing car, keep us up to date on the build…Love it

Martin
    Participant

Cool chevy!
    I’m agree with Justin on the grille. I really dig how it looks now with the bar going across. Makes it really smooth. What ideas do you have for the front bumper?

You'll never be late
    If it's a "V8"
    Trevor Gordon
    Participant

Thanks everyone! The front bumper is going to be smoothed and im going to section it slightly to tuck it in closer to the fenders to match the rear bumper treatment. Got some progress on the rear package tray. Using a 64 thunderbird rear seat assembly. I wanted something in the back to flow similar to the 59 dash i moulded in and this would be perfect for it. I had to extend and smooth the factory package tray as I didn’t like the louvered vents. The center section is complete and now I can start modifying the wrap around sections to flow into the quarter window garnish mouldings.

Torchie
    Participant

Very nice car.
    Love those T-Bird wrap around back seats.
    Torchie.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.