Custom Car Chronicle

1949 Buick Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 1949 Buick Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Participant

Hi.
    Thought i would share some pics of a Buick i am trying to turn into a custom. It started of as just a paintjobb but has snowballed into a much bigger project.

This is how it looked when the plan was just to paint.
    I started thinking about removing the backup lights. gasfiller door some badges and clean up the rear decklid.
    One thing led to another the car was moved to a good freind of mine Ola Thorslund and the guidlines were masked up.

Darren
    Participant

Some more pics.

At this point i got realy nervous and started to think i had lost my mind.

PalleJ
    Participant

Darren..this is going to be cool!

you know it takes a man to restore a car..but a real man to cut one up!

thanks for posting!
    -palle

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

WOW… Darren… that looks really nice. That sure takes some balls to cut the top of one of those. But once done right, and I think Ola knows how to do it right the lines on one of these will be ultimate. This will be a project I will be looking forward to see progress.
    Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Jupe
    Participant

WOW… Really anxious to see this one completed. Please remember to keep us updated regularly

========================
    fotki.com/juppee

Stephen Gotz
    Participant

Smooth, very smooth! Can’t wait to see lots more…

Keith Daleen
    Participant

looks like a great astart.

Darren
    Participant

To calm my nervs we laid the roof and rear window back on to see how much to cut and were to cut. We had a jackstand inside holding up the roof and rear window so we could take it up or down until we found the right flow. We had tacked the roof up front. We took out about 3″ vertical so on the front posts it was about 2,5″

David Wolk
    Participant

Wow, it’s going to look great. Looks like you started with a really nice car.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That last photo looks really great Darren. That must feel so amazing for you. I bet you cant wait to put the fenders back on and get the trunk cut to see how it all falls together. What are the plans for the car other than the chopped top? Andy other changes, like changing the grille or the taillights etc?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

Those sedanette are looking awasome when chopped properly…and your friend seems to know what he’s doin’

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

Awesome! They do look great chopped.
    I really need to get mine 48 done some day.

Darren
    Participant

That last photo looks really great Darren. That must feel so amazing for you. I bet you cant wait to put the fenders back on and get the trunk cut to see how it all falls together. What are the plans for the car other than the chopped top? Andy other changes, like changing the grille or the taillights etc?

We talked about moving the taillights and some other things but it didn´t fit in the timeframe that was set. I know things shouldn´t be rushed but i just didn´t have time.

Darren
    Participant

Some more progress.

Had to put the fender on so we could se how it looked.

The gasfiller door is going.

Darren
    Participant

Finished up the welding.

Ola is going to lead everything before it goes of to the painter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.