Custom Car Chronicle

1947 Chopped Ford Deluxe

Home Forums For Sale 1947 Chopped Ford Deluxe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin Lawley
    Participant

1947 FORD DELUXE COUPE. Prior to my ownership the car went in for restoration in early 1990’s in SOCAL. I’ve own the car since 2017. I took the stock car and built as a traditional custom everything is built the way they would of built it in 1950. Static drop (no air ride) no modern parts except electric fan and modern radiator. 4″/6″ chop done by the Menges Twins in Creston California. This is not some hack chop job covered in bondo the entire process is documented with photographs. New (less than 1k) 8ba flathead dressed as a 59ab bored out to 255CI, Merc crank, dual Stromberg 97’s, ISKY 400JR cam, Dual Offenhauser intake and 400 heads, Stromberg E-FIRE ignition. Engine built by Jeff Jones Vintage Engine Works in Fresno Ca. All drivetrain stock. 4″ front drop axle with monoleaf spring. Rear has a 3″ c-notch with transverse monoleaf with drop shackles. Chop and Paint was done by Menges Twins in 2018/2019. Car is featured on Kustomrama, was a invite to Customs by the Sea Santa Barbara. Featured in Gasoline Magazine. Feature car for Taildragger Syndicate. Car runs and drives as it should. Motor is a ripper for a flathead. Custom grille to resemble the Sam Gates Ford. Appleton S451 spotlight, car is nosed, decked and shaved. all new trim except hood sides (that are shortened) Firestone 3″ whitewalls, Ford 15″ reverse chrome wheels with Lyon Turbine caps. good chrome no rust, Interior is good (no headliner) all glass is good front and rear functioning quarter windows. stock gauges work but will need to have 12v to 6v conversion, Mooneye gauges below dash for oil, volts, and both head’s water temp. This car is a cruiser not a racecar 65mph on the FWY no problem asking $49,000 but open to all reasonable offers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Justin Lawley
    Participant
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.