Custom Car Chronicle

1939 Coupe Sedan (Sloper) custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 1939 Coupe Sedan (Sloper) custom

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 660 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

It did look good though. Perhaps you can save the front section and still use that for the new tunnel.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

It’s OK Rik, I’ll just take off the bowl part, it’s only tacked on.

Torchie
    Participant

One of the best metal shapers I have ever seen used a Bowled out tree stump for at least 75% of his work Tony.

You are right about the carpet over that area that you fab’d but still a great job anyway.

The visual of Quentin with his shirt off reminds me of the Groucho Marx  comment in regards to dogs walking upright on their hind legs.  It’s not so much that they can do it. But more of, what’s the point……..:)

Keep moving forward.

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

This where the floor is at now, until it gets welded in and I sort out the rest of the tunnel.

IMG_0590[1]

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Nice work Tony. I wouldn’t worry bout changing the rounded bit. It will act to stiffen it all and in any event a carpet underlay can fill the void easily. Have you considered having it removable for future access ?

I’m working at Refurb Restorations at Fairfield next few days welding up the filters on the sandblast and spray booths. When you get closer you need to put the car on a rotisserie ( I have) and get it dipped, blasted and epoxy primered.

Truly nice work Tony!  The quality metal work is inspiring!  When it comes time to address the tunnel you might consider raising it rather that replacing?  A bit more work but I kinda like the shape of the stock tunnel..  Just a thought while trying to make your job tougher.. ;D

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Tony
    Participant

More progress on the door made from three doors:

IMG_0620[1]

IMG_0630[1]

IMG_0631[1]

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Nice metalwork Tony.  You are on a roll.  Gonna be good to see a couple of39s out and about soon.

Torchie
    Participant

Door looks great Tony.

Keep at it !!!

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

IMG_0767[1]

IMG_0770[1]

IMG_0777[1]

IMG_0778[1]

re-doing old repairs:

IMG_0781[1]

IMG_0853[1]

Starting on the other door:

IMG_0851[1]

IMG_0854[1]

Shanahan
    Participant

Looking good Tony! Glad to see some progress!

Torchie
    Participant

Looking good Tony! Glad to see some progress!

^^^^^^^^X’s 2 ^^^^^^^^

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

I’ve been doing some chassis things. Made upper shock mounts for the rear and new rear leaf spring saddles incorporating 1″ extra lowering (no blocks.) I’ve just about finished the other door and have selected the paint colours. Lacquer.

IMG_0974[1]

IMG_0976[1]

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That front 3/4 view is absolutely gorgeous Tony. In y head I can see the front end on it.. and everything flowing together… perfect.

And as for the paint colors… I guess you were inspired by the blue of the plastic crate.. and the pink of the bag of concrete… for a real sweet late 80’s graphic paint job.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

Rik, how could I fool you? Your detective skills are too good. I’m thinking of a ‘splash’ pattern.

I have ballast in the rear to weight it down to ride height. I worked out that a full tank of fuel weighs about the same as two 20kg bags of concrete. Maybe a little more.

With the real tyres – 6.70 / 15’s – it will sit about an inch and a half higher. Approximately.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 660 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.