Custom Car Chronicle

1939 Coupe Sedan (Sloper) custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 1939 Coupe Sedan (Sloper) custom

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 660 total)
  • Author
    Michu
    Participant

I‘m curious too! To me the 40 Ford dash is one of the best looking ones, my favourite ist the dash in the Coachcraft 40 Ford with it‘s smoothed in ‚hump‘ around the speedometer, the ‚simplified‘ speaker grill and of course the chrome accessory parts:

787F5381-DF7D-487C-A7DB-A975D6A95C5D

Tony
    Participant

To me the 40 Ford dash is one of the best looking ones,

I agree. I have also had the pleasure to inspect the Coachcraft car in person. 🙂

Tony
    Participant

Got some primer on the quarter and pan. I’m working my way around the car. I’ll do the other side next then cowl and roof together.

I still haven’t welded in the inside trunk lid lower corner flanges. I’ll do that when I take it off to prime the inside.

IMG_2821 (2)

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I agree. I have also had the pleasure to inspect the Coachcraft car in person. 🙂

Oh wow… you saw the Solomon Coachcraft 1940 Ford in person Tony?    I have always wanted to see that car in person. I tried to find it to be displayed at the 2011 Grand Nations Roadster show Customs Then & Now exhibit… but was unable to get in touch with the owner.
    They did change the dash later on with an aluminum panel. Was it brought back to original Coachcraft specs when you saw it? Any pictures? Any Stories?

CCC-12-coachcraft-solomon-wong-ford

CCC-solomon-myers-40Ford-04-W

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

ooooooh one color… That looks o good. That much have been so fantastic to see it in one color for the first time after all the restyling. See all that beautiful metal work disappear under primer and get reworded with those beautiful smooth flowing lines….

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

Oh wow… you saw the Solomon Coachcraft 1940 Ford in person Tony?

My apologies, not that one, the yellow one. Which is actually a Mercury. Duh.

That much have been so fantastic to see it in one color for the first time after all the restyling.

Yes it is good to see.

See all that beautiful metal work disappear under primer and get reworded with those beautiful smooth flowing lines….

Don’t get too excited, there are still plenty of imperfections to work out!

But yes, it is also easier to get a feel for how the shapes are working in one colour.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tony.
    Mild Mitch
    Participant

Wow Tony, LOOKS Great!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

So gratifying for you, Tony, to see that vision that has been burning in your mind all this journey to materialize before your eyes.  And ours!  Somehow that first coat of primer just integrates vision with the realization.  Good on you.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Looks good Tony!

Torchie
    Participant

All the above!!!!

Torchie

mike sutton
    Participant

just read this whole thing from the beginning and it looks amazing! excellent work. can’t wait to see it finished.

James D
    Participant

Top job!

Tony
    Participant

Not a lot to report, but I have been doing various fiddly things. I did get the other quarter primed. I cut out the hole for the light – and realised I should have done the other side before priming it   Oh well. I did mock up the tail light with one of the buckets I made and it worked pretty good. Trunk lid will come off next and I’ll finish inside that.

IMG_2849[1] (2)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Tony.
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

Primer makes all the difference. Suddenly it’s starting to look like a styling clay. I’ll have to come for a visit soon.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

When ever you post a pic it reminds me of this one of the 1933 Cadillac Aerodynamic coupe. I will bring a couple of aprons for you when I visit. FE3469BB-BA78-43CA-AB28-60246DBED7C0

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 660 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.