Custom Car Chronicle

1939 Packard Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum 1939 Packard Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,261 total)
  • Author
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

But not as stylish as Quentin’s masterpiece!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

5AE6E7E4-71D7-43CF-B7F7-CFE6E7A528DBF2D56CBF-FC31-4715-B5C4-EB1DA8A6E570This pic might not mean much but it is a big deal. That little ram raises and lowers the top. Early in the build I took it off because it’s travel was right in the way of the heavy structural piece to support the pantograph hinge.
    The ram has a weird travel. The base of the ram goes forwards , back and then forwards again as the roof mech operates. I thought there was no way to fit it’s  travel in with the hinge in the way.
    but now the hinge is made I have “just enough room”.
    This means I can make the roof hydraulically operated again. A woman in Sweden Marie Andersson  is building a crazy custom and used the same top mech and isolated the pump from the computer module. It requires 3 manual toggle switches. But that’s my next port of call.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Everything fits!!!!854FDBEF-5CA4-4F93-96FA-E9DE515FE6DA

Tony
    Participant

A woman in Sweden Marie Andersson  is building a crazy custom and used the same top mech and isolated the pump from the computer module. It requires 3 manual toggle switches. But that’s my next port of call.

I’m glad you included this because I could not make head nor tail of what I thought you had written!!!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi Quentin !

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes , took awhile before I understood why you posted a note with Swedish on it … if you need , here is the translation :

Quentin picture

I dont know Marie Andersson so I searched and found picture of a finned Mercedes built in the eigthies that someone thought were built by her ? I got to know if it was her ! I thought it was quite innovative build on that car but never got incontact with the owner / builder .

Q picture2

Wolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tinwolf.
    Torchie
    Participant

Very nice.,Q.

Almost like you planned it that way. LOL

Torchie

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Gday Wolf,  Here is some more Swedish to translate. I’ve got an auto sparky mate. I’ll see if he can make sense of Marie’s diagram. 087253F9-24BB-4E53-8E44-AA1B65DD3A3A

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi !

Its a flyer for her open house to the inauguration of her bodyshop , is this flyer for this year ?

Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Yes it’s a couple of weeks away. Marie has been really helpful and will send me another few pics shortly. I’ve got another old school auto electrician mate, who I’ll ring and pick his brains shortly. I went to a new school auto electrician in the complex next door and when I described what I was trying to do he looked at me with a blank stare and said “Nah Mate… we don’t do anything like that here! Why do you even want to do it?”…. Won’t be going there again.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

A good little Saturday project was to finally finish off the 39 Buick headlight buckets to integrate into the fenders. A lot trickier than it looks. A rubber bead gasket will entirely go between.
    Now99755960-9844-47DF-8DF4-0DA12F0E41C3F7B359E3-BB7F-4A57-A021-D20926F6E41C I just have to work out how to mate the headlight rings to the new lenses.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

5398ED56-F0FC-40C9-AE6C-71EEDC0BE239642FDB95-AD62-42D1-823D-D0ADF301CC70

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks beautiful Q.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sharing these two videos for Quentin.

Up and down. Quentin still has to work out the hydraulics for the parade boot and rear bow.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

I love it when something works as advertised.

Great job Q !!!!

Torchie

Russ McLean
    Participant

WOW – Smooth operating and quick.

1962 Volvo PV544 mild custom. A 55 year old dream come true - with much help from Smooth Engineering in Phoenix, AZ (Many thanks to Ed Smoot).
    Still trying to navigate this site.

I am the frequently deleted TrailerTrashToo on the HAMB, a little nervous if I am "on-topic" here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.