DIGITAL RESTYLING: 1949 CADILLAC
Being a fan of customized sedan delivery’s, I started to wonder how a 1949 Cadillac would look like as a sedan delivery with the use of Sedanette side windows.
I was searching for a nice photo of a rear view of a 1949 Cadillac to use for taillights on another Digital Restyling project, when I came across this nice front 3/4 photo of a Cadillac Sedanette. I downloaded it from the internet to use at a later date. Not to long after that I was walking our dog and started to day-dream about this 1949 Cadillac, and wondered how it would look with a full sedan delivery body created. But then with theside windows of the Sedanette model left in place. I thought this could create a nice style of side windows in the huge blanked out delivery section of the car.
So back home I went to work on this new Digital Restyling project.
I started with lowering the car to a nice slight speed boat stance. I shaved the emblems and door handles and chopped the front portion of the top. Then I created the rear portions using other body elements of this caddy. It took a few efforts before I was happy with the back portion of the delivery body. At first I had it too long, with an rather upright rear section. But that did not work. The body became too heavy in the back. It turned out the drip rail was also something that was important in guiding your eyes. Once this base shape was created I made a few variations. The photo captions give some more details on each version.
Next version (2) was a real sedan delivery with complete blanked out sides.
(3) Not entirely happy with the overall proportions I decided to section the body just above the beltline. The hood became lower and this created the nice long look I was after. And I wanted to see the Sedanette side windows with the lower body again.
(4) Same as above, but now with blanked out sides. I also reshaped the front side window opening to make it look better proportioned and more in style with the delivery body. The versions below are the same, just a few different color samples.
[box_light]Want to see more? Take a look at some other Digital Restyling projects by Rik Hoving Kustoms on the Custom Car Chronicle site.[/box_light]
Are you day dreaming about your own perfect dream custom?
- Do you wonder what your precious car would (or could!) look like, even before you start cutting on it?
- Would you like to see different paint variations and styled on your custom car before you even start to mask the car, or order that expensive new paint?
- Or would you like to see the difference of a 2, 3 or 4 inch chop and see the impact it will have on the rest of the car?
- Maybe you want to see any other modification done to your custom car, without having to actually perform that modification and find out a different modification would have worked better with the rest of your car?
Do you suddenly see all the possibilities? Perhaps now is a good time to contact Rik Hoving and ask him about the possibilities of his digital Restyling options. Request are free of any obligations.
(this article is sponsored by)