11 responses

1. Renaud Zed Legardez
    June 22, 2013

surprisingly for a chopped sedan, the rear view is really sexy !

2. Vince Ciganik Jr.
    February 13, 2015

Someone had a very good eye for how everything flows together,especially the rear. I’m not a sedan guy, but I’d have that car in a ” New York” minute.

3. Gregg3E Butler
    February 17, 2015

This is by far one of my most favourite customs of all time, learning about the way the fenders were molded in with a nice sharp crease rather than rounded as well as the radiused splash pans . Mate this has given me so many more period idea’s for my 38 dodge fargo tilt bed hauler. Even the wheel treatment matches what I’m planning.

This is just a superb story. Well done Rik.

4. David/Michelle
    February 19, 2015

Rik…This is one tasteful ’36 Tudor. There were guys that actually preferred 2-dr sedans for a myriad of reasons…Low initial cost and high production rate (easy availability, hence less dough), a back seat in which to wrestle with your date or have your pals ride along. If well done they can look nicer than a 5/window of the same year. The two gals perched on the back of the car at D&B is clearly a superimposed shot…

• Rik Hoving
      February 19, 2015

Thank you for pointing out the superimposed girls in one of the photos. It obviously is the same photo from the Mark Murray Collection, but then with the girls photoshopped in it. I guess I was so excited to see more photos of this great customs I did not even look close enough to see it myeself. I have now removed this photo from the article.

5. David/Michelle
    February 22, 2015

No no no!…The two gals superimposed or not are part of the car’s photo history…Put the photo back in! I only meant to point it out. It actually has a certain appeal. It was certainly done during the era. Please reinstate it. Thank you, David.

• Rik Hoving
      February 22, 2015

Hello David,
      Sorry, but the girls where photoshopped into the image “recently”. It was not done back in the day. I have proof of it. The original photo comes from the Mark Murray Collection. His grandfather took the photo, and there were no other copies other than the one in his collection. Besides that I have other proof as well. So it does not belong here.

6. David/Michelle
    February 22, 2015

OK…if the photo-trickery is a recent attempt I totally agree with it’s not belonging. As we all know, any history has to remain and be persued with the true historian’s and researcher’s best and most accurate endeavors toward discovering the facts and their presentation. Well done.

7. Rich
    June 15, 2015

Beautiful custom! I wonder why the tail light was removed when the car was on the D&B lot?

Also surprised to see a single exhaust tip, not duals.

8. Bruce Buchanan
    October 26, 2015

I just stumbled across this and it seems this is what I have been striving for with my 35 four door project I have a 5 inch chop, narrowed 36 grill, 36 guards made one piece, one piece bonnet and 39 Chevy headlights looking for a more custom look instead of hot rod but I guess its a bit of both. a worked flathead with 3 carbs, headers, 5 speed, 46 I beam and wishbone and red and white tuck and roll on stock seats, I plan on 46 bumpers and will have to think about doing the same as this between the body and bumpers as it really works. I get some flack for using a four door as a base for a custom but this car gives a little weight the the idea.

9. Jerry
    August 24, 2018

This car just blows my mind. I think I’ve read this article no less than 15 times. I’m obsessed with this car.