LIME GOLD MODEL A
Good friends, Larry Watson and Bill DeCarr worked together on many projects. David C. Martin’s model A Roadster is one of those projects.
In 1959 Bill DeCarr takes over Ed Schelhaas his old body shop on 10118 Artesia Blvd. in Belflower. Some time after that Larry Watson will be joining Bill in this shop. Larry will operate his custom painting business from the paint booth in the back. In the past Bill and Larry have already collaborated on many project, and now working in the same building it was making things a lot easier. This article shares some of the photos from the Larry Watson Personal Collection of David C. Martin’s 1929 Model A Roadster. One of the few Hot Rods that were done in the DeCarr/Watson shop.
Parked in front of Bill’s shop, which is on the right and only one small portion and an in progress extension can be seen in this photo. Larry’s paint booth is the the gray building with the two large doors behind the red 1957 Ford.
The car has now been painted lime gold by Larry and was being put together. The Hot Rod had a Buick engine, chopped windshield and sectioned 32 Ford grille. The doors of larry’s paint booth are open in this photo.
The Model A which was owned by David C. Martin back in the 1950’s is still around today, now owned by Robert A. Barmore. The photo of the car in yellow with green flames is from the late 1970’s. The red version is how the car looks now.