Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Luke Karosi shared two photos of an primer version of Rod Powell’s Buick.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Michael Blout shared two photos of his driver in 1959 on his Facebook.

Michael Romero shared a few photos on his facebook of his DragnShop created Buick in progress.

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Took this blurry one the other day while my friend was taking some photos of the coupe.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ha…. reminds me about one of the very few color photos of the original version of the Larry Ernst Chevy from 1951-52.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More progress on the Hollywood Hot Rods project… Absolutely amazing work, really looking forward to see this one put all together. It already looked great in bare metal, but now all finished with beautiful paint, chrome, leather and all other finishing materials… WOW.

This hood side shot is actually a still from a short video showing the working hood side vents.. hence a bit blurry. Love the ornament on the front. (hood is pictured upside down here)

Tony
    Participant

Looks like a Latham blower!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

This is for Larry. Discovered this custom built 1946 Seagrave V12 across the road from where I work. . . And yes that is a 58 Eldorado Brougham. Amazing what lurks in sheds.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

Awesome, Quentin.  The Seagrave has full figured style, and a Pierce Arrow v12 to back it up.  Thanks for sharing.

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Love that photo of the Larry Ernst chevy Rik. It’s hard to tell but it almost looks like the hood corners are rounded. Is it possible that this was done just before the second version?

Also, I got my chevy out again today to get some photos of it to put it up for sale. They’re all up on the For Sale Forum now, this one was taken by a friend of mine. Sorry for the Chevy spam!

bob tindale
    Participant

The hood corners are rounded. That was done to the second version done by Barris. When the car was restored back to the first version they left the hood corners rounded.

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Yes Bob.

But this is a photo from 51-2 before the second version. It appears to me that the hood corners are rounded. So I was wondering if it was possible that they would have been done just before the second version?

bob tindale
    Participant

Not to my knowledge Grant. My info came from the current owner. Maybe Rik knows more .

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Love that photo of the Larry Ernst chevy Rik. It’s hard to tell but it almost looks like the hood corners are rounded. Is it possible that this was done just before the second version?

Not as far as I know. From what I have heard and found out the rounded hood corners were done when Barris redid the car for the second version, like Bob mentioned. The photo I showed was originally used on an odd angle and years ago I rotated it with old software, looks like some details disappeared. Here is the original scan from the Custom Rodder article. and it shows the square corner.

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Well there you go! Thanks for clearing that up Rik! (Pun not intended)

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Pat Mulligans’s 58 Chevy done by Sticky shared by Gene Sonnen

Red & white interior of Tom Lewe’s 59 Chevy.

Blurry photo of Tom’s Chevy

Sharon Winters shared some 50’s photos on Facebook.

And good friend Gordy Brown shared a really nicely done mild 51 Ford Sedan he built a while ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.