Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

I’m in love with this Cord. Been lengthened and got a Chrysler engine. For sale in Massachusetts. Just need to find $33 000.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That Cord is wild… would love to know more about it and see some pictures of it how it looked back when it was first finished….

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Billy Powell had David Martinez do a new black top and complete interior for his 1935 Ford roadster.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Paul Kelly from Australia shared a few photos with me he took on an US trip from around 15 years ago. One of his visits was to the Gene Winfield shop. Here he took a bunch of photos including these two of a Mystery Mercury.

Looks to be based on a 1949-50 Mercury with a flowing hard-topped roof with some interesting rood structure… These are the only photos I have ever seen of this project.. Anybody else knows anything more about it?

Spotted this at a bbq evening a few weeks ago. Guess some of you recognice it as Palles former 36. At first when I saw it when Palle posted it I thought the color was awfull but when seeing it now chopped and lowerd I think that pale yellow looks really ok on the car.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, I really like it. The whole combination, chop, spare tire, color and black walls with ripple disc hubcaps give it a wonderful 40’s look.

Did you get a front shot of it as well?

Sorry Rik. There were cars parked around it so I couldnĀ“t get a clean shot from the front.But I know I will see it again and then I will take some better pics.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looking forward to more photos on the 36 later. Thank Kenneth.

Snooky Janich 1941 Ford now with a straightened grille…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

In progress Plymouth Coupe with 46 Chevy grille, Lyons hubcaps and Cadillac bumpers… nice (facebook photo)

Came across this flamed pick-up on facebook. Very nice period crab-style flames.

David Conrad
    Participant

Nice ’36, reminds me of the one in my garage.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

A couple of pictures Ryan posted on the HAMB of the repainted Lee Pratt Shoebox.

Lee pRatt

Lee Pratt 2

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Interesting new color on Lee’s Shoebox. Thanks for sharing Ian.

Not sure if it i an improvement over the original coper and lime combo. That was pretty much as perfect as it could be.

I’m a big fan of the lighter color range on customs. Not so much in the beginning, but over the years I have started to appreciate the lighter colors more and more. I’m not sure if it is something I would put on my own car… (if I had one… one day!) But I’m always very happy to see other people paint their cars in the lighter color ranges.
    Hoever this color does reminds be about the Johnny Zaro 1941 Ford that was painted tokay beige for a very short period. It was said that the color really stood out, and looked amazing at night, but Johnny soon had it repainted dark maroon again.

Looking forward to see more photos of the new paint on this great looking custom.

For those who forgot the original colors on Lee’s Ford…

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Interesting new color on Leeā€™s Shoebox. Thanks for sharing Ian.

Not sure if it i an improvement over the original coper and lime combo. That was pretty much as perfect as it could be.

Iā€™m a big fan of the lighter color range on customs. Not so much in the beginning, but over the years I have started to appreciate the lighter colors more and more. Iā€™m not sure if it is something I would put on my own carā€¦ (if I had oneā€¦ one day!) But Iā€™m always very happy to see other people paint their cars in the lighter color ranges.
    Hoever this color does reminds be about the Johnny Zaro 1941 Ford that was painted tokay beige for a very short period. It was said that the color really stood out, and looked amazing at night, but Johnny soon had it repainted dark maroon again.

Looking forward to see more photos of the new paint on this great looking custom.

For those who forgot the original colors on Leeā€™s Fordā€¦

Yeah I tend to agree Rik. The original paint job was one of my favorites and although I don’t think the new paint looks bad for me it’s not an imporvement. Ryan did say that the pictures were crappy iphone picks that don’t do the colour justice but to me it won’t matter what it looks like it has kind of made the car a little bland in my eyes.

One of my favorits I cought up on last weekend on a swapmeet I attended. Noticed that the new owners had the rear quarter swing windows deleted and have the glass firmly fixed.

Tinwolf
    Participant

One of my favorits I cought up on last weekend on a swapmeet I attended. Noticed that the new owners had the rear quarter swing windows deleted and have the glass firmly fixed.

Sam Barris Merc , Buddy Alcorn Merc , Louie Bettecourt Merc , Jerry Quesnel Merc , Frank Sonzogny Merc all had the rear vent window removed , personally I like the window in the door and rear sidewindow to be the same hight , I know that the vent window in the door does the same but it doesn’t disrupt the flow as much as the rear vent window , my personal taste only …

Gene Winfield Merc , Wally Welch Merc , both had the rear vent window , Im only guessing but they are slightly less chopped ?
    Both has fantastic lines as well and …….
    all Mercs had the driprail removed for that smooth streamline luxury coachbuilt custom car look ! šŸ™‚ !

Wolf

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.