Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I’ve chopped one in real life and can say that the roof isn’t bent, it’s a continuous curve from header to tail. Maybe an optical illusion.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Iā€™ve chopped one in real life and can say that the roof isnā€™t bent, itā€™s a continuous curve from header to tail. Maybe an optical illusion.

I have seen yours and it looks killer! Yes, probably just an optical illusion in pictures…the American Tudor body goes farther back before it drops down into the trunk, so I’m just not used to the slopers hahaha

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

This week’s Craiglist Custom was a no-brainer. Here’s the ad from Venice, Florida:

1946 Ford 4-door deluxe sedan with later model 1950 Mercury motor. Runs strong with a 12-volt system, 3-speed on column. It has good chrome, good bumpers, good brakes and tires. Needs carburetor. $5900.

The actual photos:

Orig front1Orig side

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I gave it a simple mild custom look from the side: lowered and raked, shorty side pipes, and chrome reverse wheels. For the front I played around with the stock trim to stretch the grille. Everything on either version could be returned to stock easily.

46 Front 0246 Ford 4 dor 02

Tinwolf
    Participant

I know its hacked up but I just wanted to see what would a -49 Olds 98 4door converted to a chopped top 2door coupe look like , the 48-49 Olds 98 is a favorite and even if they built a 2dhardtop they never built a coupe so what would it look like ? -48 Cadillac and Olds 98 had a sleaker trunklid , in this case it looks like a must to get that trunklid shape down abit !

49Olds984door

49Olds982doorcoupechoptop

James D
    Participant

Not sure this is really Kustom, but itĀ“s customised. How to make an Austin Cambridge kool… v.2.0

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very nice James

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

I see some Nomad there šŸ˜‰

James D
    Participant

I see some Nomad there ?

Yeah, just a bit! šŸ™‚

This owes more to Harley Earl than me.

James D
    Participant

Is this kustom enough?

s_MG ZA Magnette side

MG-ZA-Magnette-side

Kyle Connole
    Participant

That’s pretty cool James. Ā Not something I would have pictured, but it works.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Pretty cool James. I love the Vampire touch!

James D
    Participant

Back to something a little more tradional, a Ford Vedette progression. I think this chop on the ‘dos ronde’ Vedette would be a nightmare, but it doesnĀ“t look bad in the end, if you have the skills. The heavy crown on the roof means you donĀ“t want to chop it too much either. Maybe I should get one?

Dos-Rond-side1Dos-Rond-side0Dos-Rond-sideDos-Rond-side2

Tony
    Participant

I think you should!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Absolutely beatiful James.
    I have always loved these Vedette’s ever since I first saw one t age 13 or so, abandonned in a field somewhere in Sweden. I thought it would one day be a perfect base for an start into the Custom Car world with my own baby Merc.
    I know of a few of these (slightly different models) done as customs, but non of them done all the way as tru 50’s stled Custom like your design. Hope somebody will get one done like this.

My only comment is the size and position of the rear quarter window. The rear qarter window on the real car is slightly to high, compared to the door windows, I think it would look better if that would be compensated on the longer windows on your chopped version, it wiuld make the side windows flow better.
    Not able to do a quick Photoshop myself to show it since I’m in Paris with only my ipad.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.