Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    Tinwolf
    Participant

42 Lincoln Continental

42Lincoln stock

42Lincoln choptop

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Gee you are coming up with some beautiful ideas Wolf. The Continental is so sharp. And at first i thought that the pushbuttons should stay but i waivering towards deleting them.

James D , i love the RR.

Oh to have a huge workshop, wealthy benefactors and unlimited time.

Where’s Elon Musk when you need him?

Actually, I’ve harboured dirty thoughts about a silent Tesla powered custom for some time.

I guess it is the 40s comic book sci-fi aspect that appeals to me.

A flight of fancy for “The Highlander” on another website..

HighlanderClipperStock

Highlander_trim
    Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

..Moved the bumpers around.

Highlander_trim

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

James D
    Participant

Remember doing one of these up as a 3w. I´d lose the conti kit for sure.

Lincoln side

Lincoln-side

The front is a bit more of a challenge, but i think if you go with that slightly odd early 40s thing, then you´d certainly have something that nobody else has. With the headlights i was thinking of the 41 DeSoto and the Chrysler Thunderbolt, which were both experimenting with pop up headlights at that time. I also flattened the recess where the front wings roll back towards the grille, so i could make a smaller opening. Anway, it´s a bit different for sure…

Lincoln fr copy

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Wolf, the chopped convertible top looks great. I like grille idea, too.

James, I like the coupe concept, especially the Thunderbolt-style headlights. But removing the Continental kit from the car that gave it its name? That’s almost sacrilegious…  It’s like cutting off Alfalfa (Our Gang) Schweitzer’s signature cowlick – without it, he’s just another goofy-looking kid. Ha-ha.

When Keith Ashley build the second version of the Larry Ernst Chevy, he had Harry Bradley clean up the design. Bradley dropped the Connie kit and angled it to give a lower and sleeker profile. So, I tried the same with my version of a formal close-coupled coupe look.

Alfalfa SchweitzerLarry-Ernst-1951-chevrolet1548 Linc 04

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow, you guys are getting creative…love these photoshop “what-ifs”

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Quentin Hall
    Participant

If I post a picture of me. Can you photoshop me to look like Brad Pitt in Angelina’s loving arms. . . . ??? Errrr, Maybe on second thoughts. . . .

Larry Pointer
    Participant

“Keep thinkin’, Butch.  That’s what you’re good at.”  Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 1969

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi James !

I know -42-48 Lincolns are hard to make look good but there is several continentals out there for sale from time to time and some parts of the body looks fantastic while others just dont work in my head at all , your 3w gets my gears going , thanks for making it , I wanted to see what it would look like abit more chopped and with a possible fadeaway !

I think that continental kit destroys the Lincoln Continental , That’s almost sacrilegious…   no thats custom !………..I need it gone and replaced with a Zephyr trunklid smooth and long and sweeping .

I know its hacked up but you can see where its headed , abit more chop , I just wanted to see the difference , it would take alot of metalwork but it starts to look like something I wanna to see …………..

42 Lincoln Continental 2

James D
    Participant

Hi Wolf.
    I see where you´re going with this (although i´m not really a fan of full fadeaways), but i don´t know… you´d have to knock all the square corners off the entire car and there are a lot! Maybe you could find some 1940(?) fenders with the nice grille, and that would make life much easier, so that´s one way around it. The Continental is quite nice, but the Club Coupe is really obviously an older body with the newer squared off wings stuck on it.

Also, I was kind of more interested to try and think about this more angular 1940s style, where they´d given up on making everything flow and just cut the fenders off square. It´s different, but nobody seems to have really tried to do something with it.

chrysler_thunderbolt_concept_car_231938-buick-y-job

James D
    Participant

Guess you´d end up with something like this. Hope i´m not getting too wierd here!

Lincoln-side copy

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Fascinating, James.  Keeps with the overall squared-off theme.  The rear of the roof reminds me of the 1949 Plymouth somewhat.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

I do love fadeaways but that was an interesting thought, an Y-job inspired Continental, hmm, not bad at all!

Tinwolf
    Participant

To weird ? I love this , talking , showing , making different designs , very inspiering !

I admit , I love rounder shapes , yes the fourties got a bit more square but there was still alot of round shapes left , going into details , for this reason I like the -50-51 Cadillac , in -52 they made the Cadillac abit sharper in the hood and thats why I favor -50-51 Cadillac smoother design , the fourties Lincolns has alot of weir designs , I just cant come to terms with the continental kit tire cutout into the body and the high flat trunk , its easy for me 70+years later judging their idea of what was top of the line , but thats what I like GM body design still has alot of round , sweeping lines in the fourties and the 3window short coupe was carried thru the fourties by Mopar that also had alot of round design so Im just amazed by the tinkering of the pictures making a semi uggy body this great looking , -39-40 Merc coupes are not pretty in stock form either but lowerd and chopped it looks fantastic .

Wolf

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.