Custom Car Chronicle

My Merc "Miss E" build has started

Home Forums CCC Forum My Merc "Miss E" build has started

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Dudden
    Participant

Merc when i bought it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dudden
    Participant

When i bouht it in states

Dudden
    Participant

How shall she looks carson top or ????

Dudden
    Participant

My second merc

Looks like a pretty solid car Dudden. Of course the early Mercs look great with a mild (or not so mild) chop and a Carson style top, but that car would also look killer as a stocker with a tail-dragger stance and some Buick skirts too…

-Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Dudden
    Participant

Thanks Dave for your ideas. I shall put out some more photos later at monday when i am at work going to have a full day in garage at sunday.
    3 inch chop appeltone, skirts, carson top, all mercs has that. a lowered orginal top in old style maybe ?i havent seen a nice original chop top. Somebody maybe have photos of one? Rik? Goes all in with this car.Mild custom i think. old style! has anyone hollywood flipper hubcaps 16 inch for sale ? My last puzzle piece to get hold in thanks Dudden

Curt Iseli
    Participant

Single-bar flippers turn up on eBay and on the HAMB classifieds on occasion. If you can’t find originals, the aluminum ones made by Jac’s Hollywood Flippers are very nice. Good luck with your car.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

3 inch chop appeltone, skirts, carson top, all mercs has that. a lowered orginal top in old style maybe ?i havent seen a nice original chop top. Somebody maybe have photos of one? Rik?

The only one I can think of right now is the rather mild chop on the 1939 Mercury from Jive-Bomber on the HAMB.
    But I have not seen any finished photos of this car… not even sure if it is already done.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Dudden
    Participant

Thanks Rik just what i have been looking for ! I shall contact him at once on hamb.just what i have searched for in a long time. just love this site nice work and thanks for your answer Dudden

Dudden
    Participant

Thanks for your answer Curt. I have ordered a set from Jac`s.Jac shall make them in feb
    i hope

PalleJ
    Participant

nice car to start with…chop yes..mild chop..NO! and of course a Gaylord/Carson style top

please keep us all posted
    where are you located?
    -palle

from Rik’s

Dudden
    Participant

Well Palle I live in Sweden between about 10 minutes from Mantorp Park in a town called Vadstena.Jag have two Merc Convertibles -40, -65 impala cab, a bunch mopeder.Ungarna starting to get a little bigger so now begins life with cars again (phew) I will probably take three inches or three and a half inches on the windshield o it gets a little more custom after I’ve read in these pages. ‘
    damn what job you do! love your tail lights, etc. Now comes some more pictures have been working as an animal for a while now Thanks Palle

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Dudden,
    Please follow the instructions in this LINK I posted on how to re size your photos using a free online program.
    Our site allows up to 2MB size photos, which is a lot more than most message boards, but I guess still not enough for some. If you re-size your photos to about 1000 pixels wide then they will upload.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Dudden
    Participant

I am useless on computers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tomas
    Participant

Looking like a really good project

Du har ingen extra grill liggande ,har själv en 39a Mercury

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.