Custom Car Chronicle

My current custom build.

Home Forums CCC Forum My current custom build.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Beautiful

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Rusted out flange is repaired and PS fender has been narrowed down. I will make a clean cut thru both pieces and weld the flange back on. But that’s for tomorrow. Today I drilled new fender mounting holes and filled the old ones.
    Torchie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Torchie
    Participant

Finished up what should be the last of the major sheet metal mods today.
    PS rear fender narrowed and the bed extension welded in.
    It even matches the other side. πŸ™‚
    Torchie

Attachments:
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

Congratulations! Major milestone. So cool to see dreams flow out into realities. Good on yuh, Torchie.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Looking really good Torchie!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very cool Torchie… Looks really fantastic.

Do I see ome sandbags in the rear for the perfect stance πŸ™‚

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Larry, Ian and Rik.
    Good eyes Rik……I wondered when some one would pick up on the sand bags. πŸ™‚
    They are about equal in weight to a full tank of gas and a battery. Plus I needed some weight back there to settle in the new shocks and shackles. I may pull them out in the next day or so to see how it sits with out the weight or not. LOL
    Torchie

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Very nice!

Looks nice Torchie. Looking forward to the next step on this one

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Bert and Kenneth.
    Most likely going back to the front end and finish up a few minor things next as well as fitting the Plymouth front and rear bumpers. I will have to do some mods to the mount brackets and I would like to have this done and the bumpers trial mounted before I start on the serious final body work.
    Depending on where the rear bumper mounts I may have to make a pan to fit in below the rear box brace below the tail gate as well.
    Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Started to mess with the bumpers today.
    First 2 pictures show my mangled 49 Plymouth rear bumper on the rear of the truck. Way too much corner hanging over the fender.
    I don’t dig that at all.

Last 3 pictures show the 49 Plymouth front bumper on the rear of the truck. Much better I believe. And depending on where the actual mounting height ends up I may not be able to use the over rides.
    So the next step is to put the Plymouth rear bumper on the front and see what that looks like.
    Torchie

Attachments:
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

Oh, yeah. Much better fit to the Ford form. Curious if you might be looking for a match of two front bumpers, front and rear? As I look at pictures of the development of your vision, Torchie, I really like the match of the size and shape of the rear window in the cab, echoed in the form of the rear fenders AND fender skirts. Really subtle, but effective repeat of a complementary shape.

Torchie
    Participant

Two front bumpers may be in the offing Larry. But since I have a really nicely chromed pair of front and rears I will try the switch first.LOL
    When I did the chop I didn’t cut thru the rear window as many do. I cut around it and then dropped it down intact. A stock 51-52 F-series rear glass will still fit.
    Torchie.

Torchie
    Participant

Ok gang.
    You know how it is when you are bone tired and think that you are done for the night but that little something keeps nagging at you.(No Quentin. Not the wife.:))
    Thru the miracle of industrial strength wire ties . Look Ma. No jacks…..
    With the bumper at this height which is very close to Riks Picture I am able to leave the over rides and still lower the tail gate.
    Using the front bumper brings the end to a much better position in regards to the fenders. As anticipated I will need to make a extension panel to attach to the bottom of the stock rear box brace.It will cover the area shown in the last pic.
    Goodnight all….
    Torchie

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh yeah… I do like those last pictures Torchie.
    The front bumper is definitely a go. And if you are going to use the guards, will you have some taillights grafted in to those, or do you have other plans for those?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.