Custom Car Chronicle

Mercurys at 2015 Pebble Beach Concours

Home Forums CCC Forum Mercurys at 2015 Pebble Beach Concours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

It is Thursday August 13, 2015 and the Pebble Beach Special mercury Event has started with a Seminar held at The Inn At Spanish Bay.

The panelists for the Seminar are George Barris, Gene Winfield, Bob Larivee and Pat Ganahl, and the host is Ken Gross.
    I was invited to be part of this Seminar as well, but due to some family issues I had to cancel my trip to Pebble beach at the last moment. Gene Winfield was asked to take my place at the panel.
    Hopefully the Seminar will be videotaped…And if it is I will try to get an online version as soon as possible.

Our own Rob Radcliffe is at the even right now, and has been sending in some life photos of the start of the seminar.

I will update with more photos and info when I get it.

From left to right Gene Winfield, Pat Ganahl, Bob Larivee, George Barris and Ken Gross.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Shame you had to miss this Rik but you have to put your family first I hope all is well. Thanks for the posting I have been seeing a number of pictures on Instagram today about this event and was hoping you would post as well.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Applause for the panel members after the seminar.

John Mumfort has arrived with the Sam Barris 1949 Mercury in the meantime…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Roy Sorenson took these photos at Thursday’s Pebble Beach Tour D’Elegance.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing and let’s hope that seminar will be available online.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Geoffrey Hacker and Rick D’Louhy are at the Pabble Beach show with their freshly restored Leo Lyons 1950 Mercury. The cars, including the Mercury’s have been transported to the show area, and yesterday, Friday it was the first time since a week or so they saw the car again after it had left Florida. Geoff shared these photos of him ad Rick with George Barris, and how the cars got transported to the concours.

Perfectly lined up…

First peak of the car on the top floor in one of the trucks.

Geoff also spotted another Mercury contender in another truck. The Barris Kustoms created Fred Rowe 1951 Mercury.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Bill Worden was invited to show the Barris Kustoms created Ralph Testa 1950 Mercury which he restored.
    Here is Kris Spencer with the Testa Mercury moments before they unloaded it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More photos from Rob Radcliffe taken on Saturday. The car could be taken out of the trucks and driven onto the Pebble Beach lawn for the final show preparations for tomorrow Sunday.
    It is so great to see the Ralph Testa Mercury with the right white wall tires Bill Worden installed especially for this event.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Geoff Hacker and team get to unload the Leo Lyons Mercury… and looking good.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Fred Rowe 1951 Mercury

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Geoff Hacker…

PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE SATURDAY UPDATE: Photos from earlier today. Just 8 hours until Dawn Patrol from the time of this post. Sleep…it’s 11pm PST time. Maybe about 4 hours tonight. Kinda tired… Our gang will be up at 4am, leave to Pebble at 4:30am. Anticipated arrival time 5:30am to 6am. In the Dawn Patrol line at 7am at sunrise…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rob Radcliffe took this short movie while driving with Bill Worden in the Ralph Testa Mercury to the Mercury Display area.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Early Sunday morning… getting ready

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Great pictures and video! The cars look great at Pebble Beach. Thanks for posting Rik and Rob for taking them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.