Custom Car Chronicle

Lets see your ride!

Home Forums CCC Forum Lets see your ride!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Some SERIOUSLY nice rides showing up on this forum (lotsa those ’41 Mercs for some reason..!!). I like the idea of seeing the forum member’s cars in one thread! ..More please!

Dave

Sure thing.

1buick

1dodge

Paul Garland
    Participant

This is my current project. Big plans ahead

Keith Henline
    Participant

I’ve only got a couple more decent photos of her. We are showing this weekend and I will take some better photos then.

Manuel Reyes
    Participant

Thanks Ian.
    My truck has been driven everywhere. Missouri, Colorado, camping, taking trash / junk to the dump.
    I’m back on the ’36 coupe after 11 months of not working on it because of my chemotherapy and surgery.
    Now I’m taking care of little details and bugs so that I can drive it around the block to make sure
    it turns, stops and behaves like a real car. Trying hard to get it to the upholstery shop very soon.
    Need to paint the fenders, headlights, skirts and rear splash apron. Also, need to restore the steering wheel and paint it along with the spotlight handles to match. Getting real close.
    How’s your truck coming along? Ready for paint yet?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks Keith… Nice!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

David
    Participant

Here are mine. The ’64 Pontiac convertible is my first car that I’ve had since ’84 but never finished. It was broadsided when I was in school and it ended up with a bad repair. I was rear ended again in ’94 and took all the insurance $ and bought a nice rust free rear clip. The pic was taken this winter when John Meyer (cleancutcreations) brought it back to me after installing all the new metal. Too bad it’s taken me 22 years to get it done.

The Merc I’ve had since 2008 and was built in the 90’s by someone unknown to me in Pennsylvania. Slowly but surely, I’m working my way through getting rid of the 90’s look and headed a bit more traditional…obviously, I’m half way through the paint, but that’s as far as I got last summer before heading out to the Custom Car Revival. My original plan was a pretty right on Hirohata clone, but Rik has helped me with a few tweaks and in the end it will be more in line with had the Hirohata been done in ’55 or so or maybe come in for a little updating about that time. It will still be recognizable as the Hirohata, but will cause a lot of head scratching. Rik has really come up with some great ideas and I look forward to bringing them to life.

The Chevy is the latest addition. I have had a ’50 Fleetline for 20 or so years that I was working towards a Grapevine-ish style build. Saw this Grapevine sedan built by Myron Dybing in Minnesota at the Custom Car Revival last year when I attended in my half painted Merc. Myron had it up for sale to fund the finishing of his ’59 Impala and I could not pass it up. John Meyer ended up with the Fleetline which he plans to make more of an early 50’s tail down custom rather than the late 50’s I was going. I can’t wait to see what he does with it. I’m enjoying having two “drivers” so I can generally always have something running each day to drive to work. 😀

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks Ian.
    My truck has been driven everywhere. Missouri, Colorado, camping, taking trash / junk to the dump.
    I’m back on the ’36 coupe after 11 months of not working on it because of my chemotherapy and surgery.
    Now I’m taking care of little details and bugs so that I can drive it around the block to make sure
    it turns, stops and behaves like a real car. Trying hard to get it to the upholstery shop very soon.
    Need to paint the fenders, headlights, skirts and rear splash apron. Also, need to restore the steering wheel and paint it along with the spotlight handles to match. Getting real close.
    How’s your truck coming along? Ready for paint yet?

I am still slowly plugging along on it. It’s been ready to paint for over a year but the weather has not cooperated at all. It was way too hot last summer and then the temperatures dropped off very quickly in the fall and then this spring we had record high temperatures all of spring and now it has been raining non stop so way to humid to paint. All very unusual for our area normally we have nice dry medium type temperatures that would be ideal for painting so I’ll wait. Hopefully it will dry up a bit over the next little while and the temps won’t go way up again. Sorry to hear about your health issues hope you are feeling better good to hear you are back to work on the car I can’t wait to see it finished. Take care!

Janne Kutja
    Participant

My driver 1964 Buick Wildcat mild custom (photo: Janne Lepola), still needs lowering and shaving of the doorhandles. Just got nice original front bumper to replace the really worn out one. I also got Ford from 1941-48 era.
    buick wildcat

Now on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/kutjadesign/

Krash Vegas
    Participant

Howdy from Texas.
    Here are the rides…
    1939 Studebaker Commander coupe (under construction)
    1956 Mercury, heavily chopped
    1957 Desoto, all original barn find

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Welcome Krash Vegas, Neat rides

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Speedaddict
    Participant

My 1939 Chevy coming out of hiding and getting worked on finally. Removed the headers and having hood sides made for it now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dustin Foreman
    Participant

My 53 Belair has been my driver for the past 4 years.
    Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki

Here is my kustom project. 1951 Chevy four door. I chopped it and stuck the ’51 Olds bumper/grill on it about six years ago and sadly haven’t touched it since. Hope to get back on it in a year or two. Have lots of body mods planned and will be powered by a ’52 Olds 303.
    Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki

pkerit
    Participant

My avatar is a 1950 Crestiner and was a mild custom. Nosed, decked, 51 headlights and bumpers.

I have another 50 Ford that was a gorgeous custom when we bought it in 1967

1KoolMoFo

Here is my 49 Fleet-line Deluxe

CadillacRob86
    Participant

Bitchin rides guys

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.