Custom Car Chronicle

Jeffs 51 Merc by King Kustoms Temecula

Home Forums CCC Forum Jeffs 51 Merc by King Kustoms Temecula

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

Beautiful already. Can’t wait to see the chop.
    Torchie.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Very nice. This will be fun to watch. Were the front of the skirts modified and if so why? Thanks.

The front edge was trimmed and welded to remove the factory dogleg shape. The factory skirts were the same for all body styles, and the dog leg was put in them to clear the sedan rear door opening…kind of a weird factory thing, but a small and easy fix.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Looking really good Rob. Im really diggin the grill and all the other work. Glickmans is one of my top mercs.

Any updates on this? Waiting impatiently

KingKustoms
    Participant

Here are some update pictures 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Rik Hoving did a bit of digital customizing for us to help visualize the shape of the quarter windows, starting with the Sam Barris Merc for reference then offering some other interesting suggestions. If you need advice or help putting kustom ideas/thoughts into a visual to keep moving on your project, or a customer’s project, contact Rik and have him help you out…it is definitely handy when a simple explanation isn’t enough.

This is the photo he used to create the three visuals below:

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Wow. Lovely workmanship. I love the rear bumper and taillight treatment too. Good inspiration for my mate Paul. . . . ( you reading this Paul??).

Paulie
    Participant

Ridiculously good Robbie!

Just my opinion but I think Riks #3 version picks up the curve from the Dogleg body line best.

bob tindale
    Participant

Great chop. Love the quarter window and the fact that you used the 51 rear window.

Nice flow and I like the shape of the quarter window.

kustomland
    Participant

Hey Rob some sweet metal finishing your doing………..
    What did you use to press out the 41 push button holes?
    Is there any chance I could get 2 off you pressed for my 1941 Hudson….. Im kind of stuck between on the door like the Merc Or under the running board……….
    What do you think would suit the most……. Rob ….
    A supa clean door with no button or the pretty chrome button…..???

Spoke to CHUCK BOY from the EMPERORS Victorville the other nite and he Traded his Buick custom for a sweet as 1940 Studebaker coupe…..
    luke……

Tony
    Participant

So you really are in the wine part of Temecula by the grapes in the background!

And…I’d go with version #3 as it flows with the rear window better.

David
    Participant

Great job! Rik really has some great ideas and is a wonderful asset to any build. The ideas he has had for mine blow my mind and I can’t wait to start moving them from paper/screen to steel.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.