Custom Car Chronicle

Chopped 1940 Lincoln Sedan – James Williams

Home Forums CCC Forum Chopped 1940 Lincoln Sedan – James Williams

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From James….

Just about there with the mock up. The goal was to try and use the entire Chevy windshield without cutting it down. Even though the Zephyr was chopped 3 1/4 inches the Chevy frame is the same height in its stock form. No need to cut the front glass as a stock windshield will drop right in. I’m just happy to back in the shop tooling around. I had forgotten what my burnt skin smelled like.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Brilliant!

Wow!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

KingKustoms
    Participant

That is going to look great…the flat Lincoln windshields with the thick A pillars left a lot to be desired…good fix!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Who woulda thunk it?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From James…

Well sometimes Life throws you a curve ball. Most of you know I have been working on a Kustom 1940 Lincoln 2 door sedan lately. I had already came to the conclusion after prepping it for a V butt windshields that the car need to be rechopped.
    I was a little timid at first and didn’t go all out like I should have the first time. Along with that I was already working on pulling the body off it’s unibody frame and installing a custom after market chassis which is still going to happen.
    And then this happened…..My friend Renaud Zed Legardez shared some pictures with me of a 1940 Lincoln model he had been building. It was love at first sight.
    Then along comes Kustom legend Rik Hoving to do a little photo editing and my heart completely came to a stop. I am now headed in a whole new direction.
    Love doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about this thing.
    It’s going to be a long winter but I’m more than ready to make this happen.

Torchie
    Participant

WOW !!
    Torchie

James, can we convince you and Mr. Hoving to reveal the rendering? I can see where the nifty model your pal Renaud is doing could prod you in a different direction alright!

A massive and inspirational project – got your direction sorted just in time eh?

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sorry to disapoint you Dave, there is no rendering. James mentioned me because many years ago I did add the fade away fenders to Zed’s model car… Thats all.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Kind of reminds me of a fastback version of Scrape.

James D
    Participant

This just got even better!

Sorry to disapoint you Dave, there is no rendering. James mentioned me because many years ago I did add the fade away fenders to Zed’s model car… Thats all.

Ah, I see.. I just wondered if the plan was to follow the lines of the window as they are on the model. I see they mimic the line of the fade-aways, but I would like to see the c-panel/quarter window area rounded to more resemble the rear of the fender, which in my amateur’s eye, would invoke a more traditional feel. JMHO. As I said earlier – a massive and exciting project!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

New… well old front fenders on the Lincoln.

James D
    Participant

Any news on this one?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Have not seen or heard about any progress on this one. I wish there was though, has a lot of potential.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.