Custom Car Chronicle

Gary Childs 36 Ford Coupe from Portland

Home Forums CCC Forum Gary Childs 36 Ford Coupe from Portland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jeff Mac Millan owns a couple of really nice cars, Rob Radcliffe recently chopped and restyled a really nice 1951 Mercury for him which was covered here on the CCC.
    Another car Jeff has is this 1936 Ford chopped Coupe. Jeff bought the car not so long ago, and is trying to find out where it comes from, and who built it. A few days ago the SoCal Speed Shop in Las Vegas (they were doing some work on the car for Jeff who also is from Las Vegas) posted some photos of the 36 on their Facebook.

Steve Gilligan replied to the photos that he knew the car. He mentioned that Gary Childs, from Portland Oregon chopped the car in the early 80’s and painted it at the same time. Steve Gilligan also mentioned the 36 Ford used to have solid hood sides, skirts and was lower lower in the back for a more custom look.

I’m not familiar with Gary Childs as far as I know… and also do not remember ever seeing this ’36 from Portland before.
    Does anybody on here knows anything about the car or Gary Childs? Thanks

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

KingKustoms
    Participant

I saw the ’36 at Jeff’s house in Vegas when I dropped off the chrome for his ’51 Merc…absolutely killer 3w! Would be really cool to get more information on it. Jeff has some really nice stuff in his collection.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.