Custom Car Chronicle

Garland's 1941 Ford project

Home Forums CCC Forum Garland's 1941 Ford project

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    1KoolMoFo

Great job so fare!! are you going to put carson top or ???

Paul Garland
    Participant

One from the Ventura Nationals this weekend.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow, great start to a killer kustom…nice amount on the chop 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

kustomland
    Participant

Paul I must say you have a really awesome ride…. I have always wanted a 1941 just like yours but for some reason it alludes me….
    Are you going to fix the dents…? Or just leave it…? I like your idea of the soft top also because the top down is sweet huh…
    As for the paint I know it’s great to have a kustom Cherrie but your car has so much personality are you going to paint it..?

I love it as it is, Just add all the things you want and enjoy it because you have a great survivor….
    KUSTOMLAND

Paul Garland
    Participant

Thank you everyone for the compliments. It will be a working convertible top. I do plan on fixing all the dents and painting the car. It will probably be a long process. But I don’t mind driving it how it is for now. I have a lot of work to do and more custom touches. I hope to have the top bows done soon. I had to do some wood repair before I could proceed. Pictures coming soon…

Ken Norrena
    Participant

Looking forward to see the next step. Inspiring!

Paul Garland
    Participant

Rik sent me this. I figured it would be a good update photo. I am getting ready for the next stage. I should have some more to show soon.

Paul Garland
    Participant

That is my car in downtown Sacramento. Rik edited the photo to remove the other cars. I love this picture, thanks Rik

Torchie
    Participant

That picture looks like it could be 1948 all over again Paul.
    Looking forward to seeing your work on the folding top.
    Torchie.

I do plan on fixing all the dents and painting the car. It will probably be a long process. But I don’t mind driving it how it is for now.

I admire your approach Paul! Just like in the heyday when you had to use the car ‘in progress’ if you could. Enjoy it as much as possible during and afterwards.. Love it!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Paul Garland
    Participant

So the car is at Cedardale Upholstery getting the top done by Paul Reichlin. Here are some update photos from before it left.

Paul Garland
    Participant

Those were the mock up of the bows. Then I smoothed and painted them.

Paul Garland
    Participant

Then I layed tape over the bows once again to make sure I liked it.

Paul Garland
    Participant

The glamour shot

Paul Garland
    Participant

I also wanted to mention, this is a working folding top. Paul Reichlin has amazing quality, attention to detail, and style. I am very excited to see the finished result. It will be period materials, colors and style

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.