Custom Car Chronicle

Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Home Forums CCC Forum Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Finally. …found time to complete the grill surround frame…now the fillers…

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

This is a real ball buster…looked easy..but…lots of shit going on…wish I had my wheel back for a couple hrs..but…onward…

mike sutton
    Participant

can’t wait to see this finished!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

After the battle with the A/C …FINALLY got the sides in place …now the dreaded middle which I don’t like.

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Don’t weaken, Barry. You’re almost there! And a beauty she is.

HudsonJoe
    Participant

The middle is hard to do. Breakout the plumb bob. Looks great! I have been trying to center my hood all day yesterday and still havent burned a tack weld to it yet until ifs perfect.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Just when you think its over…got to strip underhood of factory cold tar…got to get hood on hinges in place to continue on grill….

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

This unholy tar is vulcanized to the hood..I guess engine heat…way worse than fenders but…onward…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Ok….got then other side done today…now the nosem…I have to remove striker plate to get at the tar…and its on thick.

FINALLY. ..this shit when on thick can wipe out a disc in 2 secs….I found after scraping as much off…letting it cool and go back with light heat and stiff wire brush..it comes of with scrubbing..then stripping wheel then final 40grt……lol shit job

Thats about that….clean as new…now get it on the car so I can get back on the grill…

bob tindale
    Participant

No pictures, just squares with a X in it. What happened?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks like my Photo site host Fotki is having some difficulties.. This will most likely affect a lot of photos on the Forum. Not on the main site though, those are all hosted locally.

I will check to see if they mention anything going on on their site.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Woopie….got.the hood on with my home brewed hinges…looks tits….now back on the grill.

Nice fit on the hood..small patch of louvers I put in using my buddys home press.way back as far as I could go.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Pull your bloody hair out…the hood is not dead center…you would have to shift whole front about 1 inch…to far gone to rip it all apart..I reckon the hood is right…the fenders somehow off ..fuck it

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Barry, I have an idea: If you slot the mount hole(s) for the radiator support bolts, you could nudge the front clip over enough to align your world. May take a port-a-power, bottle jack, or some leverage, but it could solve the problem. Don’t weaken, you’re almost there!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Not wanting to make light of the situation as I know how frustrating it is when stuff doesn’t work out as planned but I am starting to become more of of a believer in his last sentiment the further along I get in my build. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.