Custom Car Chronicle

Another 48 Cadillac Sport custom.

Home Forums CCC Forum Another 48 Cadillac Sport custom.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

WOW!!!
    Really looks long and low now.:)
    There is a guy on another site that has built most of a one seater speedster style body with one of those hoods.
    Torchie

HudsonJoe
    Participant

Thanks guys!! Hey Quentin if you are ever in California hit me up. I always enjoy company!!0 This baby is so low and sectioned all I have to do is lift my left over the door and im in. There is a 4 inch channel so I had to add brackets to moont the front and rear bumper. This car is amazing!!!

HudsonJoe
    Participant

Hell if anybody is in Cali. Hit me up and we can get some amazing tacos down the street from my house and drip salsa all over the cars.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi Hudson Joe !
    When can I come , you are where I which to be and man my fave is tacos done right , there was this little corner Mexican restaurant in Santa Ana when I worked for Steve Davis and later for Art Christman shops , it was 20+years ago still remember how good those tacos were , beef , hacked red onions and hot salsa , yum yummy yum !
    As for the Sport custom , I think two icon Sports customs are Charley Durso Buick and Lon Hurley’s Cadillac , your sports custom looks to aim for the best of the two , I followed it for sale on Craigslist and thinking how is this dream was ever going to be continued and your it , the best this dream ever have to be continued , to pick up the remains of somebody elses dream and continue it without the original plan is incredibly hard , I’m rooting for you !!
    Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

Ahh , look , some new info on the 32 Stutz / 49 Cad Sports custom

1932 STUTZ DV-32

that little film in the end , how is that for inspiration !

Wolf

HudsonJoe
    Participant

Well hell thats mighty nice of you Mr.Wolf. I fell in love with ths car when I first saw her on ebay and I thought she was lost forever. Let me know when you are in Riverside area or Ill go to you and we can hang out.

Sportcustoms never die!!
    HudsonJoe

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Maybe you me and Wolf will have to meet up in a Mexican restaurant one of these days. I’ll buy the first round.
    Wolf and Rik’s “what if Auburn boattail” was the beginning of my custom initiation. I saw Bill Mitchell’s speedster proposal and a while new world opened up.
    Your sport custom has better lines than both Lon or Charlie’s. Can’t wait for more pics.
    After several rounds we might have to change your name to Cadillac Joe.

HudsonJoe
    Participant

Hell yes Quentin!! Tacos on me!! The hot sauce is exhaust manifold hot!! Thanks man! I love this Cadillac!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Yo quiero tacos dos, con salsa poco caliente, y cervesas grande tres, tambien, por favor. Does a “Diamond T, Cadillac of Trucks” qualify? Count me in, too.
    I dig your Cadillac sportster, too, Hudson Joe.

HudsonJoe
    Participant

You have a Diamond T? Wow let me see!! Im a diesel mechanic. I love trucks!!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

It’s in my avatar, above, thanks to Rik. Also it’s the lead photo in my latest article on the CCC. It started out as a 1936 212AD model.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Well I couldnt resist , I saw a -49 Fleetwood for sale and snatched a picture off the internet and hatched this one together , I know it looks terrible , I need to squint to see what one would look like but what a neat sports customs !? I really like the proportion of a longer trunk like the -40-41 Cadillacs and Buicks have also present in the -48-49 Fleetwoods !
    Wolf

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HudsonJoe
    Participant

Nice!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.