Custom Car Chronicle

33 5w coupe. My new toy

Home Forums Hot Rods 33 5w coupe. My new toy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Here´s my contribution to this new hot rod forum. Just before christmas I got an offer to buy this 33 wich I´ve been after for a while and finaly the owner decided to sell. Sold my model-A to get the funds for it. Story tells it has beensitting in a barn in Oregon from 1949 till 2010 when it was found and bought by a Swede and brought over here. The guy who put it in the barn covered the whole car in gun grease to ceep it from rusting. Have a nice patina all over it and was hot rodded a bit before hibernation. 59 AB , dropped front axel and juice brakes. As plans are currently it will remain a traditional hot rod look with a chop and I have a 50 Merc engine that will get hopped up and put in it but I have also looked over for a custom look so who knows ?????

P1030693P1030696_1600x1067P1030691

Been working a bit on the 33 during this winter. With some help from Rik I came out with this chop for it.Had some thoughts of maybe build it as a custom but since the 36 is going that way I thought one of each would be better.P1040116P1040124

One of each is the best Kenneth!  The chop on that dry-lakes style coupe is perfect!  The ’33 has such a beautiful grill and louvers – nice!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.