Custom Car Chronicle

2,000 miles in a early custom!

Home Forums CCC Forum 2,000 miles in a early custom!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

so I thought I would share with you guys the adventure I went on last week.a month or so I was talking with my buddy paul garland and he mentioned that he might go to the inland emperors east vs west flathead run. I asked if I could tag along and he said sure.so we left last Wednesday around 9:30 in the morning from sacramento,ca and made it to bend,or the next day was bend,or

mount Shasta

Oregon border

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh wow….. I love Paul’s Ford… It has the perfect chop and style. Must have been fantastic to drive along with him. Thanks for sharing these… Looking forward to the rest.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

the last morning.

sacramento

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

I love the pics ! Thanks for sharing.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

What does Pauls car have for an Engine ?

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

pauls car has a stock flathead with a single carb and og edmunds heads.stock trans and rear. dropped axle in the front and shackles and reverse eye in the rear. all stock brakes.and jeff you are welcome.this drive was the start of my sedan custom idea. I have two young children and i dont have money for a chop. so a sedan is a perfect car for me. plus we need to show the guys in spokane some more customs!all kidding aside the inland emperors were beyond friendly and super happy to see us. it was actually very refreshing.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Wow !!! I love Pauls car even more now. I gotta get a shirt or two and some of those business cards.

On your talk about sedans are counting four door convertibles? I have been wanting a four door custom for a long time. One of the baddest 4 doors of all time came out of the northwest.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Wow !!! I love Pauls car even more now. I gotta get a shirt or two and some of those business cards.

On your talk about sedans are counting four door convertibles? I have been wanting a four door custom for a long time. One of the baddest 4 doors of all time came out of the northwest.

i would love a four door convert.i don’t have that money though.so we are thinking.grab a four door and slowly collect the parts to make it as correct as possible to make it a convert. then a padded top.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Wayne Mahaffeys 35 ford.It was built late 40s,early 50s. This car is one my favorites.He had a early feature in hotrod magazine.Car was built to run,has a very potent caddy flathead with Edmund’s speed equipment. The car is just stunning in person.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Sorry Glen,just realized I should of posted those pics in your sedan thread.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

no worries jeff. the second pic is tiny do you have a bigger one?

mark wojcik
    Participant

You must have had a blast going all those miles in a really cool car!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.