Custom Car Chronicle

1950 Mercury Convertible project

Home Forums For Sale 1950 Mercury Convertible project

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KingKustoms
    Participant

First and foremost, this is a big project. Please view all pictures and ask any questions you might have.

I bought this project a few years ago and have collected additional parts for it since then. I added a rear end and solid floor to the rolling frame to start the build, but life has gotten in the way. I found a really solid cowl to use in conjunction with the real convertible cowl as a foundation to start hanging the doors and working from there back. I just no longer have the time in my schedule to see this project go any further (I teach high school full-time and still do kustom work). I had dreams of building a Bettancourt Merc “convertible clone”…or something along those lines.

It comes with:

-Clear VIN tags (and bill of sale)

-Good floor with solid inner rockers

-New outer rockers that I made myself at Matt Townsend’s shop (Thanks, Matt!) I can upload pics of them later.

-Really nice hood and trunk lid

-Front fenders and grill shell (molded and head lights frenched when I got them)

-Real convertible cowl and rear section (See pictures)

-Real convertible doors (need patches- see pictures- sedan door for extra patch pieces and two doorjamb sections)

-Real convertible door vent windows and inner window/beltline moldings

-Four original Merc rims

-Radiator and core support with horns (I can take pics of the radiator)

-Good set of door hinges (4)

-Good condition hood latch panel

-Complete ’50-’51 Merc steering column and box and wheel (horn button center is included)

-Hood and trunk hinges

-Miscellaneous real convertible pieces

-I found a good condition ’49-’50 Merc gas filler tube that is not pictured but goes with it.

-I have some Merc quarter panels that can be put together to make a pair (not pictured), but they sell brand new ones for $850 each and they are actually pretty thick and fit well (I have installed a few sets).

Price: $4,250

I will not part any of this out so please do not ask

I know this would make a killer kustom project for someone who wants to build a Merc. The car is located in Southern California near Temecula- about 60 miles north of San Diego. I can meet people there to show everything.

My email: chopt50@msn.com

My cell phone: (951)415-7330 (text only between 7:30am-3pm) leave VM and I will call back.

If this sells through Custom Car Chronicle, I will give Rik a donation to help this great site grow 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

More pictures:

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

More Pictures:

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Sale Pending…

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

FOR SALE AGAIN!!!

The person who was supposed to buy this has not returned calls, emails, or texts…so I am relisting this.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.