Custom Car Chronicle

1949 Mercury soft chop

Home Forums CCC Forum 1949 Mercury soft chop

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    1952B3b23

Looks awesome as usual Kenneth. You really do some great work.

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Thanks Chris.

Time for a litle bling. Started on the window trim for the quarters

Torchie
    Participant

Trim looks great Kenneth.
    A little bling always helps to make the paint pop!
    Torchie

Things going slowly now. Not that IĀ“m slacking but trim and garnish is very time consuming. Side trim is done unless final polishing and IĀ“m working on the quarter garnish moldings. Even though these will get painted I couldnĀ“t get my self in to slice and pie cut the rear corner. Using the same method as on the 50 Merc I made earlier and makes all new corners.

Merry Christmas to you all.

A little update. Ventwindows are done and testfitted with rubberseals along with the stainless trim. Also made an extension for the stock fenderskirts just as Sam Barris did on his own and Quesnels car.

Took it outside to get a good look of the skirt to make sure it flows nicely from the rocker towards the rear of fender.

Aouch those pics looks chubby. Why do they that? The pics I copied looks right.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Aouch those pics looks chubby. Why do they that? The pics I copied looks right.

Fixed that for you… its a bug that causes this… working on it, hope I can fix it.

Until then, make sure the dimension box is empty after you uploaded the photos.

At first they are empty, but after you have uploaded the images dimensions are added… not sure why. They can be removed with the image edit tool (the pencil)… Ā sorry about this.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

PalleJ
    Participant

beautiful work Kenneth…i love the chop, much better than a heavy one.

lets talk about if theres any free weekends beginning februar i have cold beer ready

Thanks Palle. If thereĀ“s a beer IĀ“m allways in……hehe.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

DANG… I got the Pro version of the image upload to work now… but it is still screwing up the dimensions… and now I cannot adjust them by hand anymore… back to the drawing board…. I get it to work.

Heh, heh Rik.. Ā Running a website is much like building a car – everything fits right out of the box!! Ā Yeah, right!

The Merc is looking fine Kenneth! Ā That profile is sweet! Ā (Can’t seem to comment here without [!!!])! ..See?

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

1952B3b23

Great work Kenneth. What did you use to make the details in the rear corners of the rear quarter windows, Pullmax? If so can you post a picture of the die you use. Thanks.

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

mike sutton
    Participant

really looking great kenneth, really like how you cut out the quarter window frame in one piece and just reset it. i would have never thought of that. the way i did mine actually makes the length of the window shorter while yours stays the same and stays truer to the original design. i will definitely remember that in the future. thanks.

Heh, heh Rik.. Running a website is much like building a car ā€“ everything fits right out of the box!! Yeah, right! The Merc is looking fine Kenneth! That profile is sweet! (Canā€™t seem to comment here without [!!!])! ..See? Dave

Thanks Dave

Great work Kenneth. What did you use to make the details in the rear corners of the rear quarter windows, Pullmax? If so can you post a picture of the die you use. Thanks. -Chris

Thanks Chris! I used my Pullmax with homemade dies.HereĀ“s a picture .

P1030038

really looking great kenneth, really like how you cut out the quarter window frame in one piece and just reset it. i would have never thought of that. the way i did mine actually makes the length of the window shorter while yours stays the same and stays truer to the original design. i will definitely remember that in the future. thanks.

Thanks Mike!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.